WHOA! Elders don't care about me after all!!!

by Schism 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Schism
    Schism

Hey everyone!

Wow, I am amazed. About 3 months ago, I finally became nauseated about going to the meetings and I went from attending each one, to attending zero. Everyone in my hall is pretty much either related to me, or has watched me grow up and likes to pretend they are related to me, including the elders.

Since I stopped going, I have had one single person try to get me to go back or go out in service, and she is one of the nicest people in the world (too nice). The rest are leaving me in peace, which is a good thing! It seems too good to be true.

The other day, I crossed paths with one of the most annoying elders on Earth, in Walmart. He looked at me, and quickly averted his pupils to the shelves of bagged rice. He totally saw me and OBVIOUSLY broke his neck to look away. Just like it was when I was disfellowshipped a couple of years ago. I am not DFed now. What's the deal?

I've gone to this hall all of my life, and I believe I am the first person there to quit suddenly. The rest faded away slowly. Can anyone tell me what the elders usually do after someone quits going so suddenly? Are they required to come by my house for a SC or anything? I hope this good fortune keeps up!

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I can't help with your question, but the same is true of me. I stopped suddenly and never heard from them again. 6 years and counting!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Are they required to come by my house for a SC or anything?

That's actually a difficult question. According to the organization
    they belong to, they ARE required to shephard you. According to
    the assignment they took as elders, they are required to look over
    the flock. That doesn't mean they will.

They are not required to find a reason to avoid you or DF you. It is
    wrong to deliberately avoid you, if they haven't lived up to their
    requirement, yet.

• moshe
    moshe

They have RADAR and sense that no good for the Org can come out of hounding you to come back to the meetings- good luck on a successful fade ! Plus, you have a non-JW spouse, so maybe they expected this to happen- that's what the WT warns could happen to JW's who marry non-JW's.

• Schism
    Schism

LOL, funny about the spouse thing. It actually proves them wrong too. My SO was studying to become a JW when I started having doubts. When I confronted him about them, he initially put up the classic "you are being used by Satan to find fault in the org". Then I had to calm him down to tell him that Satan had no control over me and that he needs to take a moment to think with his brain.

He was only studying for a few months by that time. Within the hour, he was agreeing with me. But if it weren't for me, he would have kept up with his "progress". Luckily I managed to catch my head before he destroyed his relationship with his family any further!

To think that they are all upset about that "wordly man" who took me away, when I actually took him away! LOL

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

To think that they are all upset about that "wordly man" who took me away, when I actually took him away! LOL

Congrats!!!! Congrats on the elders leaving you alone too. Most of the ones I've met are too worried about pissing off that volatile god they worship than actually helping someone they believe to be spiritually weak...

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Great story! I love happy endings!

• skyking
    skyking

It wont last they are suppost to go ans see you. Sooner or later as long as you stay were you are living one of the Elders will call on you.

Hell I hope for your sake they drop the ball and you never have that happen too you. Good Luck

• Scully
    Scully

That's what I've heard is the rumour regarding Mr Scully and me leaving the JWs. I'm in no hurry to correct their mis-information. They started the rumour, they can keep it.

• moshe
    moshe

HOORAY for you and your sweetheart. Now I see perfectly why they are avoiding you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit