What is your favorite classical music piece and artist?

by restrangled 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Stravinsky's "the rite of spring"

Bach's "bouree"

FBF

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I love Handel, especially Water Music and Music for Royal Fireworks. The Messiah is a mgnificent piece as well.

I also like some opera, particularly La Traviata by Verdi

• M.J.
    M.J.
    i really am a sucker for pretty much anything baroque.

If it isn't baroque, don't fix it? (sorry...I think that was from a disney movie)

Anyway...from what I can think of at the moment..Mozart's Piano concerto no. 20,

Ditto w/ eyeslice on Sheherazade. Also Smetana's Die Moldau

Sometimes like to listen to Brahms' Hungarian dances.

Pretty much anything from Tchaikowski.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I second Stravinski's "Rites of Spring" and add "Firebird Suite" as well.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I know almost everyone's favorite Beethoven symphony is the 9th, but not me....It's great, don't get me wrong, but I've always had a real soft spot for the 6th. That was my favorite music in 7th grade. That was right before I discovered popular rock music.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I like Beethoven's Sixth also. The Fifth is my favorite classical work, there's nothing quite like it.

There's bits and pieces of a lot of Mozart that I like, but his symphonies have a lot of long, boring parts if you ask me, lol. Overall, his music is a little too happy for my tastes too. I like my music dark and angst-filled, thank you.

I like Aaron Copeland's Fanfare for the Common Man also.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Marche Triomphe from Verdi's AIDA

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hard to pick a favourite from the classics but the one I find the most moving is "The Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves"

from Verdi's "Nabucco"

• r51785
    r51785

I cast another vote for Beethoven's 7th, especially the second movement, Allegretto. My favorite recording of it is from Leonard Bernstein's Final Concert.

• hubert
    hubert

Ravel's Bolero.

Heard it live at Radio City Music Hall, when I was 12 years old.

Half way through, they had drummers in the balcoy, all along the walls, both sides.... It was so awesome, I almost pee'd my pants.

Hubert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit