What is your favorite classical music piece and artist?

by restrangled 57 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

I like Vivaldi as well.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Isn't it amazing that there are so many classical music fans on this forum? !!!!!!!

r.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

About Mozart being boring, maybe Falco's song is not a tribute but a complaint, "C'mon, Amadeus, rock me already!!"

I have lots of classical music memories from my childhood. "Bolero"....that piece hit me smack in the face when I was watching the Olympics in 1984 in my mom's bedroom on an old black and white TV, and the music really made it a stirring moment to watch that Torvell and Dean moment in time, live on tape delay.... Baroque music reminds me of one thing: the smell of paint. In 1985 we got this newfangled CD player thing, and the unit came with a free classical music CD (in those days, before modern audio compression, they really boasted about the dynamic range of crisp CD sound, and classical music is the perfect thing to test that with). It was a CD of baroque music. So we unpacked the CD player and put on the music. But while this was going on, I was painting my room upstairs. So the music was coming up from downstairs, and I was painting my room white...and that paint smell and the new CD sound kinda got intermingled in my mind. So if I hear pieces that were on that CD, I kinda feel like I should be smelling paint. Even now. Same thing goes for the song "Last Chance on the Stairway" by Duran Duran, as that was on my first CD I ever bought (Rio).

Isn't it amazing that there are so many classical music fans on this forum? !!!!!!!

Usually I find something I like in all genres of music. This morning I was listening to Lady Sovereign, tonight I was listening to "Requiem for a Tower" on my iPod. Maybe I'll be in the mood for Jenny Lewis later on. Or Metallica. Who knows.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Rhapsody in Blue is one of my two,

The other is Walter Carlos as Switched on Bach playing the Brandenburg Concerto's.

Brant

• restrangled
    restrangled
    usually I find something I like in all genres of music. This morning I was listening to Lady Sovereign, tonight I was listening to "Requiem for a Tower" on my iPod. Maybe I'll be in the mood for Jenny Lewis later on. Or Metallica. Who knows.
    written by L.

If anyone had heard my selection of music today, they would faint! I can totally relate!

r.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I can't just pick one. Some beautiful pieces were already mentioned like Pachelbel's Canon in D and works from Vivaldi. ( I especially like his string concertos ). I also have to mention Corelli's sonatas for violins and harpsichords.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Anything by Mozart...Wagner is good...Love Bolero...

• dobbie
    dobbie

Chopins polonaise in A flat major, Pachelbels Canon (along with everyone else it looks like!) Mozart and everything with a violin in it!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Does Opera count?

Shubert's Ave Maria - sung by Luciano Pavarotti.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

tchaikovsky 1812 overture

fave opera is madame butterfly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit