What is your favorite classical music piece and artist?

by restrangled 57 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

Since modern music keeps coming up, we need to address the classical! What are your favorite pieces and the artists? If you play an instrument, pick the piece that's your favorite to play or you wish you could play.

r.

My favorite is Fantasy Impromtu by Chopin. I have been working on this piece for at least 5 years on my own. 12 pages long, totally memorized but not mastered.

The other piece that fascinates me is "Aquarium" by Saint Saens, It gives me the chills.

R.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Beethoven's 9th Symphony is one that I can listen to for hours.

• NanaR
    NanaR

Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D for violin.

My daughter used to play this a lot -- and I would sometimes accompany her on the piano.

The melody line is so beautiful it makes me want to cry.

She is trying to find someone to play this on the violin for her wedding.

NanaR

• juni
    juni

Verdaldi's (sp?) "Seasons"

Nana said:

Johann Pachelbel's Canon in D for violin.

Beautiful!!!!! luv it. Beautiful for a wedding. My daughter was going to have that also until her future mother in law caused trouble about the wedding place (she wanted to have things her way) so my daughter said that's it and they went to Merritt Island, Florida for their wedding. Simple, but elegant.

Juni

• sir82
    sir82

Beethoven's 7th symphony.

I used to play it to psych myself up for doing something really scary & risky, like calling a girl on the phone for the first time.

• MF2
    MF2

Rachmaninoff's Second Piano Concerto. He wrote that after suffering from severe depression for 3 years and writing little or nothing. This work had great success, paving the way for his great composing career. Careful listening to the second movement reveals the melody the pop star Nilsson would later use in his hit "All by Myself".

• Gopher
    Gopher

I had classical piano lessons for 10 years while growing up. (That's one thing for which I can definitely give my JW parents credit.)

The piece I WISH I could play is "Rhapsody in Blue" by George Gershwin. What a wonderful blend of classical, jazz and blues!

My favorite composer was Chopin. He could really make the piano sing.

My favorite classical / orchestral piece: Piano Concerto in A Minor by Edvard Grieg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piano_Concerto_(Grieg)

• Vic-ex
    Vic-ex

Pachabel Canon in D - always loved it and had it for my wedding

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'll give you the name when I hear it again.

Warlock

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Beautiful choices, I love Beethoven's 7th.

I pick a few:

Barber's violin concerto, Copeland's claranet concerto, Gershwin's piano concerto and Porgy and Bess, anything by Philip Glass: I like American Music.

Slim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit