What's The Difference Between A Normal Person & A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• rosa
    rosa

my bets:

the difference between a normal person and a JW is this:

one is JW and the other isn't JW.

in both cases we find good and wicked persons.

• Jourles
    Jourles
    What's The Difference Between A Normal Person & A Jehovah's Witness?

Normal, assuming you mean a "worldly person" in the eyes of a JW ---

• Gets drunk
    • Parties a lot
    • Commits immorality/adultery
    • Lies, cheats, steals
    • Watches rated R movies
    • Smokes weed
    • Uses foul language

Whereas a witness does these things ---

• Gets drunk
    • Parties a lot
    • Commits immorality/adultery
    • Lies, cheats, steals
    • Watches rated R movies
    • Smokes weed
    • Uses foul language

To tell you the truth, I don't see much of a difference except for the crazy cult eyes and the haircut.

• minimus
    minimus

Jourles

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

One hates not being able to sleep in on Saturday morning because of the door-to-door recruiting work. The other one (darn, they're the same on this one)....

One would never go to apostate internet discussion forums. The other needs to go to apostate discussion forums to vent about getting out of a cult.

One sleeps in a chair in front of the television on many weeknights. The other sleeps in a chair in back of an auditorium on many weeknights.

• Fleshybirdfodder
    Fleshybirdfodder

Normal people don't have Armageddon nightmares. Normal people don't fill out monthly service reports. Normal people don't hear the same sh*t year after year and say, "y'know this was the best assembly ever."

FBF

• minimus
    minimus

so.....JWs AREN'T normal! Hmm, just like I thought!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I've been around the block a few times and I've yet to meet this normal person, familiarity breeds contempt. But to answer your question a normal person would take a blood transfusion. A normal person would vote at least on certain issues. A normal person would pretty much be the antithesis of a Jw.
  • heathen
    heathen

how bout --- normal people use the web for other reasons than visiting the WTBTS web site and are not afraid of people that talk about religion . normal people read the WT magazine with a discerning eye and don't just accept everything in it as undisputable truth .normal people play games and sports to win , j-dubs can't understand sprotsmanship and condemn the spirit of competition .

• moshe
    moshe

A normal person would realize that, if he was on "Who wants to be a millionaire", game show and needed an answer to the question,

"Who has the true Religion" - final answer,--, they sure as hell wouldn't pick the one-tenth percent answer from the audience life-line that said Jehovah's Witnesses!! Duh!

• minimus
    minimus

That question would either prove that the JW is a "True Believer" OR smart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit