What's The Difference Between A Normal Person & A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'm likin' this! A normal person can go to a "large gathering". A Witness can't without possibly being counseled by the elders for it.------A normal person can read something and plainly see what it says. A JW needs someone else to explain it.---------A normal person can take a person of the opposite sex in their car if he/she wants to. A JW can't because they might commit fornication.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Most people enjoy diversity in thinking..

Jw's mostly only feel comfortable with people who think the exact same way.

Most people don't tattle to anyone about other people's business...

Jw's feel the need to tattle to the elders if they know something about someone.

• minimus
    minimus

You know, it's interesting to realize that a Jehovah's Witness is TRAINED to look at the ORIGINS of something to determine whether it's acceptable for a "True Christian" today. JWs can't celebrate birthdays or any holidays because their ORIGINS are unsavory or pagan or rooted in FALSE religion----Yet, when someone tries to show a Witness the ORIGIN of the blood doctrine, they won't even read it in their own Watchtower publications! Ifyou wanted to show a Witness how they got to "pivotal" dates in their history, if you wanted to examine how 1914 as a "marked date" actually started, it's ORIGIN, a JW won't look at it. My conclusion is: a JW refuses to look at true facts. Nearly anyone else will at least pretend to be open minded. Truly Jehovah's Witnesses are afraid to open their eyes!

• blondie
    blondie

Many of the things attributed are found in spiritually abusive groups.

I feel this question/thread is not honest by tarring every JW with the same brush and assuming that every non-JW would make opposite choices.

A close first reading or careful review of this book might be helpful.

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse

http://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Power-Spiritual-Abuse/dp/1556611609

Blondie (who doesn't want to chase away sincere JWs who thinks we are just the flip side of the WTS)

• minimus
    minimus

Of course, I'm stereotyping here. Especially when it comes to talking about normal "worldly" persons. There are some weirdos everywhere but I don't consider them "regular, normal" people.......It's not normal to think like a Witness. It just isn't.

• Ellie
    Ellie

A normal person loves their kids unconditionally and would never dream of not speaking to them (ofcourse, I'm generalising).

A JW will cut off all ties with their kids on the say so of the elders.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A normal person would`nt be on this board,reading your thread and responding to it.. Crazy Eyes ..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

JW's are pretty normal, just misinformed

Maybe more normal then a lot of other persons in strange religions, or people believing in UFO's, witchcraft, predestination, magic healing, or whatever

• blondie
    blondie

Believe me, there are many weirdos everywhere.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Here's a few more differences: A normal person will see terror, bombings and destruction as a bad thing. Not JWs! They rejoice, for their deliverance is very near.--------

You said yourself that you have stereotyped.I remember 9/11 and i can assure you that nobody in my old Cong "rejoiced".In fact everyone was very shocked and upset and the final prayer of that Nights Meeting asked for Gods help and spirit on everyone involved in the tragedy.

Since ive been out of the religion i have encountered just as many strange,weird People as those in the JW,s and thats not many.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit