What's The Difference Between A Normal Person & A Jehovah's Witness???

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

A normal person would spend the Saturday morning after 9-11 watching TV and looking for some sign that everything was going to be all right.

A dub would spend that Saturday morning at the Kingdom Hall at a "meeting for service" listening to some inarticulate elder blabber on about the proper approach to get today's Watchtower (with some inane cover topic) into the hands of householders and managing to talk for 15 minutes without ever once mentioning the great tragedy of 9-11, still fresh in everyone's mind!

• minimus
    minimus

I remember 9/11 and there were more than a few, including elders buzzing about the catastrophe. They were "joyful", in fact! That number that were excited by this possible development in Bible prophecy was probably around 10 persons. I remember telling one sister in front of an elder and his wife who were rejoicers that this was a TERRIBLE TRAGEDY and we shouldn't feel happy. The fact that some, even if it was only a few is WEIRD!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Last night in Toronto there was a tragic murder-suicide, as a woman jumped off a bridge on to highway 401 with her baby in her arms.

A normal person would be saddened by this tragedy. A JW would find a way to turn it into a field service point so they can place more magazines.

W

• minimus
    minimus

touche'

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Minimus i dont quite know what you are getting at.I was giving you my response to your ,frankly,rather silly question.

• minimus
    minimus

Fleaman, you experienced persons in your Hall that were not joyful over 9/11 and I did. Of course it's a "silly question" and all those that see the point of the exaggerated question are silly too.

• heathen
    heathen
    JW's are pretty normal, just misinformed

You're kidding right ?

Normal people don't trash education or sit around celebrating the lords evening meal by not celebrating . Normal people don't keep track of their time while discussing their religious beliefs with others.Normal people don't ignore their immediate family members because of a difference in religious beliefs.Normal people don't criticize others over what they wear to church or in everday attire .Normal people don't try to find a biblical reason to let children die from lack of medical procedures that use blood .

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Fleaman, you experienced persons in your Hall that were not joyful over 9/11 and I did. Of course it's a "silly question" and all those that see the point of the exaggerated question are silly too.

Fair enough.Guess the People round my way are a tad more normal than round your way??

• minimus
    minimus

It must be that English/American thing, huh??

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

One does not pretend to obey everything a dozen old men in Brooklyn tell him- and the other one does.

One does not enjoy reading the Watchtower- and the other one doesn't even have a Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit