Watchtower logo on side of kingdom hall

by cyberdyne systems 101 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

The local kingdom hall here remodeled about 2 years ago. They put out a brand new sign, and on that sign is a WT logo. It's a dual spanish/english sign like one that was posted earlier here.

• Zico
    Zico

'Your elders must have been dufuses then.'

Yes... yes, they are.

• NanaR
    NanaR
    WHATEVER! My point was that they don't do it anymore and they haven't for a while. SHEESH!

I notice that you are in Mexico. You do realize that the "Society" frequently has different policies for different countries, do you not?

Yes, I know that contradicts what they say about worldwide unity, but if you have ever read Ray Franz's books you would know that the statement I just made is true.

When my husband and I attended an international convention in Colombia in 1985, we found out that the Borg there (at that time) was registered as an educational organization, not a religious organization. So congregations and KHs in Colombia followed different procedures than congregations in the US due to their different legal status. Simply a recollection of mine -- probably doesn't qualify as a "fact".

I don't remember if any "watchtower" symbols were in evidence though...

NanaR

• tan
    tan
    I would ask what is the difference in wearing a cross and wearing a lapel pin or tie tac with the watchtower logo?

I agree. Same difference....or crosses and steeples on a church vs. the watchtower symbol?

• tan
    tan
    I've always wondered why they stopped putting windows in the KH's

I heard that it was because the audio equipment was being stolen from halls in the surrounding areas...who knows. So that they can cover up all of the scandals that take place.

• fjtoth
  • BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Would it be wrong to get the Watchtower Logo tattooed on my (insert expletive).

bczar

• fjtoth
  • Emma
    Emma

I went to a congregation in PA once that met in a former church. They broke out all the stained glass windows and sawed off the steeple, then made it to look like a watchtower. Of course this was about a hundred years ago, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit