Watchtower logo on side of kingdom hall

by cyberdyne systems 101 58 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

FYI re: Battlement (please look in your dictionary; you'll likely find illustrated a watchtower):

A parapet with open spaces that surmounts a wall and is used for defense or decoration. WEBSTER'S NEW COLLEGIATE DICTIONARY, 1977

merlon: one of the solid intervals between crenels of a battlement parapet.

crenel: one of the embrasures [an opening with sides flaring outward in a wall or parapet of a fortification usually for allowing the firing of cannon.] alternating with merlons in a battlement.

Next time a volley of arrows comes hurtling toward you, it could have come through a crenel.

CoCo Crenelated

• hambeak
    hambeak

In regerence to Q's comment. I would ask what is the difference in wearing a cross and wearing a lapel pin or tie tac with the watchtower logo? I would then ask about the commandment about graven images and not bowing down before them and according to wts folklore that would include reverence to objects. Then tell them to put that in their pipe and smoke it. LOL

• Jourles
    Jourles
    what is the difference in wearing a cross and wearing a lapel pin or tie tac with the watchtower logo?

Well DUH silly! Jesus didn't die on a watchtower. "True Christians" don't need to be reminded of what instrument of death he was killed with.

Besides, wearing a WT logo on a tie tack rather than a pic of *Jesus looking heavenward* shows allegience to the WTS, not a deity. Which do you think is looked upon more favorably by the gb?

Bottom line is, you cannot be df'd, reproved, or lose privs for wearing a tie tack with a WT logo. Wear one with Jesus' face on it, and not a cross, and see what happens...

• fjtoth
  • reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

That was too cute.

My ex was a fake JW -- converted to get to marry me ... I always wondered why he refused to wear the watchtower tie tack he got as a gift .. all makes sense now.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Jourles I guess I didn't make my point clear enough. I was refering to a symbol an image get it? To me it is no different than wearing a lapel pin of the flag. Crosses are also symbols do you remember the ankh? That is all I am saying.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Nice sign! . . . And it even portrays the ramparts of a Watchtower stronghold.

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

Kingdom Hall in Kremz, Austria

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Kingdom Hall with WT-style parapet near Manila in the Philippines

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit