Watchtower logo on side of kingdom hall

by cyberdyne systems 101 58 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

My old kingdom hall has the watchtower logo built into the brick work on the side that faces the road - to me for a hall that is supposed to be dedicated to God, its a bit wrong to have a corporation logo on the side of it. Maybe its there to show they and not the congregation own it???

CS 101

• Gopher
    Gopher

Good point!

The Watchtower teaches that Christendom idolizes the cross, and that's the symbol found on top or on the side of many of Christendom's churches.

So -- obviously the JW's must idolize the Watchtower, since that symbol is found on some of its KH's and other buildings it owns.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Wow, I have never seen that before. Good point though!!

• blondie
    blondie

I haven't noticed a watchtower on any KH signs around here. Maybe old KHs did, but does the WTS allow it now?

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

This hall was built in the last 10 years or so, maybe they've changed the rules - i'd get a pic but i dont have a digi camera...well any camera actually!

CS 101

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it was on our hall till the remodel 4 or 5 yrs ago.

• KW13
    KW13

There was the Tower Symbol in the Kingdom Hall i went to and basically it just 'disappeared' one day - apparently to do with the reasons mentioned above.

• Zico
    Zico

Our hall was remodeled about 5 years ago, and they put a Watchtower Logo in the brick work of the entrance way. Not on the actual building, on the floor, just before you walk through the door.

• M.J.
    M.J.

What Does The Bible Really Teach?chap.16p.155par.3TakeYourStandforTrueWorship***

But God is the one who says how he should be worshiped, and the Bible teaches that he does not want us to use images. (Exodus 20:4, 5; Psalm 115:4-8; Isaiah 42:8; 1 John 5:21)

• quixote
    quixote

If I can remember correctly my old KH did not have a logo.

However, most of the men, specially elders and MS wore a tie pin with the Watchtower symbol on it. An elder used to sell them and he didn't like it much when I refused one.

Q.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit