Watchtower logo on side of kingdom hall

by cyberdyne systems 101 58 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
  • Carol
    Carol

Back in the early 60's when we built our new KH, the Heater room, was made of concrete block and shaped like a watchtower. It sat at the side of the entrance. The sign out on the main road into the KH was also in the shape of a watchtower.

Recently they built a large new KH in my old hometown and there is the outline of a watchtower on the sign out by the road...it's small but it's there.

I've always wondered why they stopped putting windows in the KH's.....when we built the hall in the 60's it had windows down each side, years later when it was remodeled, they did away with the windows and put up paneling. My mother always said it was so we were not distracted by the scenery outside. My boyfriend (a retired Marine) says it's because "Jehovah" doesn't want anyoned to escape! All I know is I'm still wondering why?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

The Society banned the WT symbol from the brickwork and signs of Kingdom Halls about a decade ago.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The only jw related tie tacks I ever saw had the tetragrammaton on them. In fact, back in the San Diego area, a sister in our hall was big into china painting. She did all of the tetra tie tacks for everyone around. Any hall you went to in the SD area, you were bound to run into one of her "works."

Hmm, never heard about this sister...but tell me more and I'll see what I can find.

Yeah, I had one of those Borgtower clips. After my mental awakening, that was the first thing to go.

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
    fjtoth

The Society banned the WT symbol from the brickwork and signs of Kingdom Halls about a decade ago.
    Then why are KHs signs still showing the WT logo, new KHs as well as older ones? And if they're not appropriate for KHs, why do they exist at practically every branch office of the Society?

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

UUM!

Because... they're... older... than... 10... YEARS... old!

I didn't say they mandated destroying KHs with WT symbols.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    Because... they're... older... than... 10... YEARS... old! I didn't say they mandated destroying KHs with WT symbols.

That's my point. They are STILL putting up KHs with signs that show a WT logo. The one just down the street from here was put up about 8 years ago, and it has the WT logo like several other new KHs I've seen.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

fjtoth,

You don't seem to be too objective so I won't argue BUT new Kingdom Halls do not have WT symbols. I'm sorry that the facts hurt your argument.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

When I was a child 3-4yr I remember going to a hall in the Lancaster Pa area and as part of the enterance there was a watchtower built into the building interior steps to the second floor. But better yet the building had a basement with a pool for baptisms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit