I put my dear old dog to sleep

by Jez 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Jez
    Jez

:(

After 2 months of old age and illness, 2 cancelled vet appts, hoping he would get better, tears, frustration, watching him not eat, throwing up, becoming skin and bones, justifying keeping him, I stuck to this morning's appointment.

He was with me for the last 12 years of my life and his life has been entwined in so many of the memories I have.

To tell you about him, would be an essay. I just want everyone to know that he was so close to me. In the end, I kissed him on his head, said, "good boy, you're a good boy" and he laid his head on my hands and went to sleep.

I love you and will miss your crazy dog ways.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Awwwww, that is truely one of the saddest moments to experience. I am glad you have you great memories of him

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Jez,

So sorry to hear about your loss. Our pets truly do become part of our lives don't they? I had to put my cat to sleep a while back who I had for 16 years. I still get sad and cry when I look at photos but I know it will pass soon and I have so many good memories of him. I am glad your dog is not suffering any more. Poor thing! Lilly

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Three years ago in January, I had to put one of my dogs to sleep. There has not been a day since that I have not thought about and grieved for her. Her brother will be 16 years old in 2007, and he is getting very "close" also. I love them sooo much...

• Alana
    Alana

{{{{{Jez}}}}}

I know how you feel as I had to put down my furry little boy (beagle) this past July and while it was one of the hardest things I've ever done, I knew it was for the best as he was suffering. I held him in arms and conforted and spoke with him, just like you did. They are part of the family and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, as it will take time to heal.

~Alana

• Woofer
    Woofer

So sorry!

My precious English Bulldog passed away in July of 2005. I have a pic of us on my desk. He was the sweetest!!! I still cannot bring myself to get another pet.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

((((Jez))))

I am so sorry to hear that. It is so hard to part with a beloved pet.

love

Linda

• Jez
    Jez

Thank you all.

It helps hearing your stories. I just can't stop crying today. I have a cat and another dog, so I will focus on them to see if it helps. I (my husband and kids as well) have also complied a list of memories that I will put in my scrapbook along with his pictures.

I will always have a dog. I buy them from the local shelter and give them a chance.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

So sorry Jez...it's so hard to do. I'm glad you were there with him...I still miss mine and she's been gone for 2 years now. There are times though when I close my eyes, that I swear I can feel her sitting beside me - she was my beauty. Hugs...sammieswife.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Jez, My deepest sympathy and condolences, I have 4 cocker spaniels and I dread the day, in my case days, you had with all my fiber. I like to think when we pass on from this dimension we will be reunited with all our loving pets. They trully are the essence of Love.

I will always have a dog. I buy them from the local shelter and give them a chance.

You are a beautiful wonderful person and I am sure after this gray cloud passes you will have much positve karma coming your way. Sending you my positive energy.

Jaguarbass

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit