I put my dear old dog to sleep

by Jez 25 Replies latest jw friends

• delilah
    delilah

Aw Jez..................I'm so sorry hun...I've gone through that a few times, and will go through it again, within the next couple of years. My boxer is almost 9 years old, and she is showing signs of senility. It sucks....these are not just pets, they are family.

Hugs.....~Dee

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

(((Jez and Family))) I'm so sorry.

FreeChick

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I share your loss. I've been there, done that, and hated the tee shirt. You have my sympathies.

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

oh man jez!

so sorry!

I dread the day when my dog needs to go to sleep.... :(

(((hug to you))))

freedomlover

• bythesea
    bythesea

(((((((((((((((((((hugs Jez))))))))))))))))))))))))

Last week my faithful companion died in my arms...he was 12 also......so I totally understand what you are going through. Since his illness wasn't causing him pain(according to the vet & I didn't sense any either) we had decided to keep him with us until it was obvious he wasn't enjoying life as we knew he should. It happened in a 24 hr period....from chasing sticks to staggering to my side, hanging his head in confusion at his condition. I'm glad I didn't have to make the decision to have him put down...as painful as it was to have him collapse in my arms and take his last breathe I'm glad we were able to do it all at home. I haven't sobbed so hard since my father died several years ago.....and have been having frequent meltdowns since then...I miss him so much!

There's just nothing like a dog, one that loves us unconditionally, who makes us laugh when we don't want to, who can't wait to see us when we return home at the end of the day(this is the time I miss him most!)....I share your loss, Jez.....my heart is broken too.

bythesea

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Jez, I'm so sorry. It's such a hard thing to do (I've done it 2x), you did the right thing. Small comfort, I know, but I believe in Dog Heaven and I dream of my dear departed doggies all the time, they are with me, it's just amazing, but I'm not surprised. I believe your doggie will be with you too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit