Gays Leave JWD!

by hambeak 141 Replies latest jw friends

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ok, saw the ponch pic and i am wondering if anyone else misses the old days when guys wore shorts that actually showed their legs? That pic just brought back a flood of memories. . .:) I think I am in heat or something today. . .I might just mosey on in to bed. . .(sorry to get off subject)

• bebu
    bebu

That truly surprises me that someone spoke for the whole board and told you to leave. How did this person think s/he had the authority to speak for the whole board?

Everyone is welcome here. The only exceptions I can think of are those who break the forum rules.

bebu

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Arrrrgggghhh! The problem is that being neutral, i.e., tolerant, is now not good enough....

Sadly enough it is thinking like yours that they also have to heal from.

It is brainless comments like this that make me want to run screaming from this board. You are practicing reverse-discrimination - i.e., YOU are hyper-aware of an individual's sexual orientation and respond to them accordingly. Is that what most gay people want? Who knows? What do most heterosexual people want? Who knows? They are individuals, and as such, want different things, just as gays do. I don't care what each person's sexual orientation is - I don't make judgments on that basis. How about character, honesty, integrity, intelligence, kindness, generosity, tolerance, etc., as a basis for evaluating our fellows? Gays and straights both can excel or be deficient in these qualities because they have nothing to do with sexual orientation. Since when did sexual orientation make people either good or bad?

• hambeak
    hambeak

Bizzy bee Here Here! Unfortunately he is having a bad time maybe in time he will learn. A lot of people feel that way and the tone of his voice was very shrill he will maybe learn someday.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I'm sitting here sooo pissed off, I can't even type, not that I could anyway. Everyone, especially Sparky, has pretty well said everything that needed to be said. Maybe that jerk would like to PM me, I'll gladly give out my number. I have a thing or two to say in person.catfightboxing2

Hambeak, I think you are great!! Especially since you are in Texas!! Just kidding!! If that issue is what they are focusing on, they are on the wrong board. If they truly are an exJW, I hope they will find their way out of their own prison.

Hambeak-yourock

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Arrrrgggghhh! The problem is that being neutral, i.e., tolerant, is now not good enough....

It is brainless comments like this that make me want to run screaming from this board. You are practicing reverse-discrimination - i.e., YOU are hyper-aware of an individual's sexual orientation and respond to them accordingly. Is that what most gay people want? Who knows? What do most heterosexual people want? Who knows? They are individuals, and as such, want different things, just as gays do. I don't care what each person's sexual orientation is - I don't make judgments on that basis. How about character, honesty, integrity, intelligence, kindness, generosity, tolerance, etc., as a basis for evaluating our fellows? Gays and straights both can excel or be deficient in these qualities because they have nothing to do with sexual orientation. Since when did sexual orientation make people either good or bad?

Bizzy, in a perfect world that is what we would be judged on. But instead everyone worries about who I sleep with (which by the way right now is nobody). I really don't understand what the content of your message has to do with the topic? This person told Hambeak he should leave BECAUSE he was gay. Didn't take the time to find out his many fine qualities as a human being. Thats what discrimination IS, judging someone on something inherent. Wish I could spell! Anyway, I think you have a point for a different discussion, I just don't think it has any bearing here.

Sherry

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If you were gay, I'm betting the experience of growing up a JW would have been profoundly damaging to you. Why can't you understand why they'd want to talk about it--just like everyone else is discussing topics relevant to their experiences?

Confession, are you kidding? You don't think that growing up hetero and JW was profoundly damaging? I did and it was. How about growing up gay and Catholic? How about gay and Mormon? How about hetero and Amish? How about hetero or gay and atheist? Growing up sexual is difficult, as Spark has wirtten about at length, ad nauseum! It is all equally meaningful and we all want to talk about it - that is why we're here. I'm still missing the point - it was MORE difficult if you were gay? Isn't everything? Take the blinders off!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Busybee~ You can be neutral or as tolerant as you want to be and I am hypersensitive. I am to a lot of different walks of lifes plights. Not just gay peoples. Heck pick an underdog and I tend to be there. But really, you asked what does being gay have to do with being an exjw. I just answered that question. It is as with anything else. It is a state or a conedition that people here on this forum have had to deal with. A very painful path they have had to survive through and heal from the wounds. It is as normal as all of the comments that you or I make. Son't you see?

How about character, honesty, integrity, intelligence, kindness, generosity, tolerance, etc., as a basis for evaluating our fellows? Gays and straights both can excel or be deficient in these qualities because they have nothing to do with sexual orientation. Since when did sexual orientation make people either good or bad?

Fact of the matter is, all that you have mentioned are important. all are relevant and nobody has discredited them. But just the same as sexuality is a normal part of life, so is a gay persons sexuality. So you don't care what they do. So you don't care what I do...BUT the answer is that this is an area that requires a lot of healing because it is something that is so opposed to the teaching of JW's and yet so many here were active Jehovahs witnesses. Married to straight partners trying to live the life they were told they had to live. They were fighting genetics and the ives of the spouses and children and families and all involved were ripped apart because of the intolerance and the absolute narrowmindedness of the JW's and it is a realm that does need to be dealved into here at this forum. It may not be something you like to talk about. Just like some don't want to share the sex they have in their home with the whole world and some do...but the sexuality of a human is normal and for this group of people it has a lot to do with healing the scxars that come from having been forced into the lifestyle of a JW.

So please, get off of it. You should know that I of all people would never leave character, honesty, integrity, intelligence, kindness, generosity, tolerance, etc. out, as a basis for evaluating our fellows. But I also would not exclude a group because the problems they have make me feel a bit uncomfortable. If you dont like the subject...don't talk on THAT thread. Really. This is like the 3rd time you assume that a and c equals Z by things I have said. Why is this? Did we not do this before?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    This person told Hambeak he should leave BECAUSE he was gay. Didn't take the time to find out his many fine qualities as a human being. Thats what discrimination IS, judging someone on something inherent. Wish I could spell! Anyway, I think you have a point for a different discussion, I just don't think it has any bearing here.

Right, OK, Sherry. It must have been the very relevant pic of Ponch and his fine qualitites that distracted me from the topic.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Damn I have to turn my phone off! I guess he is lurking he is talking all sorts of nonsense Fag Hags and queer lovers. He is monitoring what I posted poor sot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit