My Dad's funeral was yesterday

by JH 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jourles
    Jourles

Oh man JH, I'm sorry to hear about your dad.

You can always give me a jingle if you wanna chat.

• Roski
    Roski

....they could have used this occassion to bring me back but they didn't...Ditto.....

Sorry for your loss - it takes time to make your way through it.

All the best in your journey.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

In Ecclesiastes 9: 5,6,10 we read:

5 For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten. 6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they have no portion anymore to time indefinite in anything that has to be done under the sun.

The spiritually dead don't even know that they are, and they have no portion anymore, in the kingdom - like jws

The rememberance of the living is not forgotten

• read good books
    read good books

I had a similar experiece at my mothers funeral, the JW's all filed out of the Hall and none would talk to me, except a few relatives that I cornered and they looked like they were about to go in their pants because they were talking to me since I had quit. Well it just proves they don't have God's Spirit, I don't believe the brain washed Sheep ever think about anything but doing what the society says. If the society said jump of a cliff, drink that kool aid,... how dangerous to be in the clutches of a cult.

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

JH sorry for the loss of your Father, you`re in my thoughts and prayers.

• Sassy
    Sassy

JH, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. I don't have answers from you about what happens after death. All the beliefs confuse me now. We were always taught everyone else's belief was wrong.. so what to believe when you lose faith in the JWS? I don't know..

I'm also sorry that no JW came to support you..

• Dawn
    Dawn

JH - my thoughts are with you.

I lost my dad in 2001. I went through much of the same struggle - wondering what happens when we die. I have lost my brother and my best friend since then - and each time I went through the same struggle - trying to figure out what happens. Somehow - I felt I could feel better if I knew where they were.

If you want someone to talk with - 'IM' me. I am a good listener.

When I lost people in my life, I found that the best comfort was from people who just listened and let me talk - and didn't try to convince me to believe what they believed or tell me how to feel. I am here to pass this on if needed.

• bebu
    bebu

((((((JH))))))

I am so sorry for your loss!

The force of the question of life after death hits full in the face when it gets personal. It is no longer academic, it is important because the relationship was so important. I understand your wanting to wrestle with it and not gloss over it; my mom died this year as well and the question wanted serious answering then, too.

I am of the mind that relationships are of utmost importance to God, too. There are three things that last--faith, hope, and love. And the love of God will bring us thru in the end, for it never fails. (Maybe that is the secret nature knows?)

If your father 'sleeps', it is a state unaware of the passage of time --he would not know he had slept. If your father's soul cognizantly enjoys the company of Christ right now, he is in a "realer" reality to which we are the dream. Either way, as Mary wrote, all is well.

May God bless you during this hard time, and give you peace.

bebu

• Dansk
    Dansk

JH I don't post so much these days, but I wanted to let you know how deeply sorry I am to learn about the loss of your father. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))).

I was surprised to read this:

Although I'm still a JW

I thought you'd kicked it all in entirely and didn't consider yourself a JW anymore.

I hope you derive comfort from the messages and scriptural references here. You are so well thought of!

Love,

Ian

• evetteto
    evetteto

Hello JH

Jesus Loves you and He knows the exact emotions you are going through. The very peop;e that you have in your life (JW's) who supposedly represent Jehovah cant even begin to Love you with the Love of Christ bcuz they dont know His Love and Mercy...How can they console you? My Sis was a witness for 25 yrs, however because of her strong love for our family it was a burden for her. She finally told Jehovah, "I Dont Want To Live On An Earthly Paradise If Its With The JW"S!!! Because They lack Love. I remeber her telling me she wanted a relationship with God like I have. My husband studies with them and I can see where they lack love but he took the wkend off from work and enjoyed himself, he even danced .

My Mom passed oon 10/10/06 and we had a Celebration!!!! It was so Beautiful!!! We laughed,laughed and laughed....Members from her church said they had never been to a Memorial Service like it! We were so Joyful bcuz my mom never had a relationship with Christ til 7/06 so we had alot to be greatful for. BTW her Service was 2 1/2 hrs away from the neighborhood we gre up in and abt 25 people showed up from there. Family members will always drive or fly the distance.....I encourage you to pray for the hearts of yr congo...and you ask Jehovah to reveal His True Self to You....I Promise you He will!!!

With the Love of Christ,

Evette

I have really been saddened knowing you had to go through a very emotional time alone....I Thank God all the time for my Christian Sis' he has put in my soooo imperfect life who loves me...UNCONDITIONALLY!!! Feel free to write me anytime.....With Love

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit