Here's an idea....

by LemzaLady 48 Replies latest forum suggestions

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    everything on the radio and on the news is Bible prophecy unfolding in our midst. It freaks me out. Doesn't it freak you out?

Not a bit; it's just not true. You're going to grow old, so start making yourself healthy and face your real future.

Maybe I was looking for something missing within myself. See? I was disassociated for 5 years and I know what that feels like. I have had family members who were disfellowshipped and came back, so I know the heartbreak of cutting off a relationship with them and putting Jehovah first...and I know the immense joy and relief when they come back.

It hurts me more than it hurts them, and it's entirely their choice whether they talk to me or not.

But I know that self-imposed loathing when it feels like I am missing the mark.

I haven't had that since I left the JWs. I'm overwhelmingly happy with myself now.

All the best with the witnesses. I really hope that it works out for you, but as I'm sure it won't I'm not putting myself through the same agony on your recommendation.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Dear Sonya...

You say you "don't know what got into (you) last night", and that was why you posted. But you came back. My guess is, you will read this, too.

We are happy you are here. Please stick around. You don't have to post. Just look up information on the UK, and on Malawi/Mexico... and on the organized movement to change the blood policy, whose members include functioning active Elders. Is an elder from your congregation part of this movement? Well, I guess there are some things we cannot know "until the light gets brighter".

The light gets brighter here, Lemza. Thanks for posting.

Agape'
    Baba.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

What are you doing on the computer? Don't you know that YOU can't do that! Exposing yourself to the demons! BOO! Shame on you!

Oh well, you can hang around if you want, you might learn how to be an independent thinker.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Hey buddy, don't worry, I used to be like you too. I said almost all of this same stuff to my fleshly brother so that he could find the truth and share in the wonderful things I had learned from the Watchtower. I told him not to waste his time because I was already where he could possibly want to be. I let him know that I had it all.

That was in 1998. He studied with the witnesses for awhile but had to quit because they told him that he either had to believe everything they told or he was a god-dishonoring apostate. He stopped studying in 1999, but I continued on strong, hoping one day that he's see the light as I had. I went out in service a lot. I loved knowing that I was passing on life-giving information to my neighbors.

The only problem with this whole scenario is that while I really believed I was bringing a life-saving message of love and peace from a loving god, in reality I was simply telling all those around me who weren't in my religion that I was better than them and would continue to be better than them until they changed everything they believed to what I believe. My attitude was obviously the very antithesis of humility and yet the bible says that the meek will inherit the earth. Was I being meek? Was I being loving? I wanted to be meek and I wanted to show love for my neighbors, but by presuming that I knew God's mind I was placing myself above my fellow man and thus asking to be humiliated.

Let me ask you a question. Who is stronger, Satan or God? I'm guessing you'd answer God. If this is so, then why are the apostates not afraid to talk to witnesses but witnesses are afraid to talk to us so-called apostates? Whose god is stronger? Shouldn't God be able to protect you no matter where you go, especially if you come here to help us see the errors of our ways? Since you serve a more powerful god, you should have no problem sticking around here, looking at our errors, and helping us to see the light.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dear Ms. Lemza,

I wonder at what you are so angry about with this forum? I know that JWs believe that you will know they are the truth because of all the 'love'. Not to mention all the doctrines that they tell you "all reasonable people" should understand.

My thought is that a person who was actually hopeful is not someone who is depressed, drinks and eats too much. Those are all ways of supressing anger, rage and sadness-hopelessness. How much love do you get from the people you know in the org? How is the WT org. better than any other religion when they are (by your own admission) just as mucked up as the rest of them? If they don't have 'all' the truth, and the people are 'just humans' who make mistakes, how could that religion be any more the truth than catholocism or buddhism? Most of the doctrine is not so much biblical as it is rooted with bible ideas liberally mixed with the ideas, desires, and agendas of humans (men) who had their own reasons for hoping, wishing and dreaming that they were right. And they are just as deluded as the guys who wore hair shirts, fasted til near death and thought they were pleasing God because they regularly flagellated themselves with whips. Read what Terry had to say in his interesting story. (posted orig. by someone else from another site). That is how they get you.

My mom is a JW. She is angry at every slight that people who love her give. She is furious at how screwed up the world is and practically gloats at the idea of its destruction. When it is pointed out to her that her (JW) family is worthy of a Lifetime Movie with all of its drama, she tells me(Literally) how screwed up that part of her family would be if they DIDN'T have the truth. I guess that would have been worthy of a Ann Rule book or two. Actually, it already is, it just didn't get enough publicity to attract her attention. My angry mom doesn't eat to distraction, she drinks until it oozes out of her pores. Because she is so sad, mad, and depressed. That is not the sign of good spiritual or mental health-but no one can help her if she won't recognize it.

Are you mad because we speak the truth out loud? That we show the organization for what it really is? Or are you mad cause you think we are lying? If so, what about?

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Dear Lenza and any lurkers,

not sure if you will be visiting again..something tells me you just might.

anyway...it is IS good to have other than the norm for the board, viewpoint. In the least it reminds us all how things are with some of our friends and maybe how many of us used to be and think as well.

anyway, i hope you will come back to the forum.

i wont' get into any issues that you might have raised with your post and i am sure some of the forumites will probably have some fun with you as they like to do.

i only want to say one thing, and maybe this is for the lurkers out there...

The whole "Imperfect Excuse" whether limited to individuals or extended to the Organization...its a good one. And you know it would be acceptable to everyone IF IT ALSO corresponded with TOLERANCE within the Organization and all of its natural and rational implications were carried out.

In other words, the problem is not that the Org or persons in it are imperfect, we all know that after all. The problem is that the Org does not allow its members or anyone else to make anything other than EXCUSES with that reasoning.

It is not acceptable for us to logically and rationally extend the Imperfect Excuse to take a position as simple as...the Org or the FDS or the GB are imperfect, THEREFORE, what they are teaching us is also imperfect. Or how they are doing things is also imperfect., etc. etc.

The Imperfect Excuse is reserved for bad behaviour, error and falsehood but somehow it is not understood that it should also apply to what is perceived to be or held to be good, right and truth. These things too are imperfect and when we admit that they are..then we allow for the possibility of alternatives: alternative thought, alternative decisions, alternative choices and alternative sources.

Put very simply: the fact is that JWs, the Org, the FDS, the GB, the Elders, whoever...want everyone to behave and act and believe as though it IS perfect...but simultaneously, they want to reserve the "out" of imperfection whenever it is suitable and convenient.

Sorry but that doesn't fly with rational persons.

-Eduardo

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I suspect that this thread may have been born as the result of a fifth of JD.

• Clam
    Clam
    I mean, everything on the radio and on the news is Bible prophecy unfolding in our midst. It freaks me out. Doesn't it freak you out?

Yes I'm petrified. Armageddon must be literally round the corner. You could be playing beachball with a lion by Christmas.

• nelly136
    nelly136
    I mean, everything on the radio and on the news is Bible prophecy unfolding in our midst. It freaks me out. Doesn't it freak you out?

It used to but researching the borg from charlie russell to present day kinda put my mind to rest on that one,

as for world conditions there've been wars famines etc but these days theyre piped into your home via telly internet radio, a hundred years ago the same things were going on but fewer people would have got to hear about it because they just didnt have the media they have now and lets face it there are good things going on as well as all the crap but that just doesnt sell stories.

the borg has latched on to that, how often do you see a happy watchtower or awake from front to back, you might get the odd pic of elephants and beachballs but you'll get far more pics of death and destruction...fear sells/controls and they know it. and then they tell you how it works but of course it only applies to others and not to them http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/6/22/article_03.htm

whether you post again or not i really hope you find the happiness youre looking for.

• Terry
    Terry

I detect a personal hysteria here. A desperation.

We are not nearly has hopeless and helpless as the Watchtower Society would have you believe. It keeps you weak and needy so you have to keep crawling back on hands and knees to suckle the teat.

If you just stand up and shake off your terror that the sky is falling you'll see the Watchtower is Chicken Little and you are perfectly able to have a life on your own without jousting with demons and fleeing from the wrath of your sky god.

I found a newspaper clipping I had tucked away yesterday from 1975. I plan to post it entirely later this week. In essence it was an article in our local paper reporting how Jehovah's Witnesses had declared 1975 might actually not bring Armageddon immediately. The explanation given seemed so absurd today I couldn't help but get red in the face in embarassment that I once accepted it.

Adam had to name the animals first before Eve was created and this brief interim would be the length of the delay until Armageddon. That is what the reporter quoted the official JW spokesman as saying.

Well!

This is food at the proper time? Everybody was in the same hysteria you are now in quivering in your Kingdom Hall clutching at desperate rituals of placation.

Think about it. Adam has been naming the animals for 31 years now! What purpose was served in getting everybody all worked up about Armageddon as an imminent event?

This is the deplorable nonsense the Watchtower peddles as Truth. It is a scare tactic and it is working on you.

25 years from now you'll be sitting in your rocking chair with failing eyesight squinting at the latest Watchtower article about how the Signs of the Times show the very same Armageddon is almost here.

Wake up, for goodness sakes and take responsibility for your own life!!

Don't be pathetic. You are obviously more intelligent than that!

Be an adult and DO SOMETHING that means something with your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit