Watchtower Decline Confirmed - Only 1.9% growth in 2006!

by Neo 91 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10
    that this year's increase on publishers number is 1.9%

We do not know the number of publishers for this year. So the 1.9% may be for the Peak.

they can barely keep up with world population growth

Suppose they are up by 1.9%, average. That is still about 67% faster than the population growth.

Publishers are up in the U.S. In June, they were up by 23,000 publishers compared to the same month last year.

And this growth rate is still better than other religions'. Take the Catholic Church for example. Last year they reported a net loss of 305 parishes in the U.S.! They had more parishes 23 years ago than they do now!

• Backed away
    Backed away

Shell game, good one jgnat, unfortunately there is more than three nuts moving around. since this blather comes from the subject to change without notice club, maybe they should put in the accuracy of their count, like plus or minus 1.9%

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Any Witness with a functioning mind can connect the dots

Always the issue

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Unfortunately it is not quite as bad as I had hoped, as the baptisms and growth is better than it was in 2005.

I felt the same. I want to see negatie numbers so bad....

tsof

• metatron
    metatron

Consider that the 1.9% growth may be fake - here's why.....

Notice the continuing gap between baptisms and the claimed publishers. Baptisms stay flat or actually decline in recent years while

the number of publishers keeps slowly growing. Now think about this: Anyone can turn in a field service report and lie about whatever they

wish, with no questions asked. However, baptism is a publically witnessed act that automatically makes you subject to the tyranny

of elders interfering in your life.

The easily faked status stills grows, the publically witnessed status does not - the increase may not be real.

metatron

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Any Witness with a functioning mind... Neo

They are either out of the cult or on their way out.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

True Metatron.

We know (us JWD posters) that many field service reports are fake, made up. I did it myself up until last month, then turned in zero hours. There are thousands of magazine distributors that don't get out there, just turn in some hours. There are many pioneers that don't make their quota and just say that they did.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Although there is a general decline in the increase, there is still positive growth isn't there?

Seems like a jump from 1.3% growth to 1.9% growth.

It could just be a statistical 'correction' I suppose, but to me the numbers are moving the wrong way this year. I don't understand the logic in the post here - if my stock gained 1.9% annually, and last year just 1.3%, I would count it good news, not bad for my portfolio. Not that the increase is good - but it is not a decline as the post indicated.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The real key is the number of hours it takes to 'make a publisher' - as born out by Jwfacts graphs.

This organization is extremely ineffective in making converts now, and that is good indication that we may be seeing numerical flat lines soon.

Jeff

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my family just attended circuit assembly.. i dont know the attendance but only 7 were baptized. all children and teens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit