Watchtower Decline Confirmed - Only 1.9% growth in 2006!

by Neo 91 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The communications that i receive from all over is that congregations are turning into ghost towns hardly anybody goes out in service anymore except for high influx regions like Florida and Arizona.

As a matter of fact i had thought about discontinuing my free anti-watchtower bumper stickers as nobody sees them anymore.

Any stats from crooklyn is suspect,they know i will gloat if they decline.

So,what's gonna happen to all my personal wbts enemies who me f**ked over?

Grow old and die!

• moshe
    moshe

I don't think they do hard core witnessing much anymore either, Danny. A lot of hit-n-run stuff. They have a bunch of lame backcalls to make after this tract campaign to keep them busy for a few months. The actual message of the Good News of the Kingdom, has gotten harder to give now, with so many people wise to the JW's and their WT mistakes.

I don't think that long term JW's like preaching door to door much- I just don't know how they can lie about - "we never said 1975 was going to be the end", - but they do, I have talked to 6 older JW's out in service in the past two months and everyone lied about 1975. I told them all, "you need to stop lying, Jehovah knows what you said about 1975". I have never had one of them come back with a "I'm not lying" comment. They just leave- defeated.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan
    I wonder how many children who were doubting got a whiff of Armageddon Fever and decided to hurry up their baptism to make it through the Grate Tribulation?

I don't know about getting baptized, but I do know a young guy who went to the convention and got all excited to be a JW again because 'the end is so near'. The same guy that a month before was questioning if there even is a God.

The hype works, but every time they use it the effect gets weaker and weaker.

• Joker10
    Joker10

If this year's numbers are correct, Jehovah's Witnesses had their best retention rate in 10 years! (second only to the 2002, when people returned to the religion after the 9/11 attacks.)

So that means that although not as many are joining (like in the '90s), more people are staying and not leaving. Regardless of what many are saying.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am interested in the distribution. I wonder instead of retention, if there is a shift of grownth in the third world. I'm pretty confident that Canada saw either neutral or negative growth this past year. If my personal observations mean anything.

• new boy
    new boy

NIce graft!

Numbers went way down after the 1975......OPPPPPS

Numbers mean nothing............. HAY there were 90 million Nazis in 1939.....how many in 1946?

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW
    Numbers went way down after the 1975......OPPPPPS

Just a small hill in the graph:

alt

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Numbers mean nothing

Actually, these numbers prove that JWs were still giving birth at least 8 years ago.

• metatron
    metatron

Sorry, Joker, there's no real proof of that. We have no way to know if these figures are real, in regard to the number of publishers

retained. Lots of people are learning that a simple field service report, however false, can keep the elders from bothering you.

I've turned in countless false hours myself.

metatron

• Neo
    Neo

Great comments!

Yeah, I can understand that comparing last year's figures with 2006 may sound like we've got some bad news. 2005: 1.3% 2006: 1.9%. Pretty simple, huh? Lies, damn lies, and statistics...

The point is that when I "put a spin" talking about WT decline, I'm dealing with the big picture. I remember quite well the days when the organization would easily grow around 5%. That was not too long ago - the nineties. Now look at this decade: from 2001 to 2005 we've had an average annual growth of exactly 2.0%! Way too low when compared to recent past performance. When we factor in this year's growth, we have an average of 1.98%. Now look at the thread title: Watchtower Decline Confirmed! This year's rate is a confirmation of a trend. WT hasn't been able to score much above the two percent mark lately and this year proves so. If anyone thought the last couple of years were an exception, they were wrong.

BTW: Last year's 1.3 was way too low. Not for a moment since the last report did I think this year's growth would be even lower. Stats usually don't work like that - just look at any population growth or stock performance graphs. Chances were the number would be a little over 1.3. I thought it would be around 1.6-1.8. Well, we've got 1.9, not as good as we exJWs would like it to be. But the trend has been confirmed.

I'll try to comment some posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit