..Screw It!!..

by OUTLAW 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Outlaw-

I know how you are feeling. Is everything OK?? What brought this up??

shell

• restrangled
    restrangled

Outlaw....I continually said SCREW IT! and then have had to continually back track for family members. ARGHHH.

Since my mother decided to shun me, and then has slowly come back, I am much more comfortable saying screw it.

She "screwed" me .....I don't care how many tears were shed on her part, she still ran with it. So now its my turn.

I will take or leave her as a I please as she did me..... and with the Holidays approaching, SCREW IT...you are not invited to lay guilt trips, or the statement "I really don't celebrate".....blah blah blah....

R.

• juni
    juni

I left and within that month I said, "Screw it!". But I had to go into therapy to help get myself sane again. I believe it was some months passed before I sent in my DA letter to make a clean break.

But..... My husband also left at the same time. And we have no relatives who are JWs. We gave up our "friends" of 21 years and we moved on. But we went through some pretty bad times after that - stuff caused by being JWs.

Take care OUTLAW.

Juni

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

PupleSofa/Kwintestal/parakeet/AK-Jeff/Moshe/LittleToe/VanillaMocha73/DayStar?sixofNine/Hambeak/Reneesis/AmberRose/DrewSagon/Fullofdoubt now/LonelySheepCrazyblondeb/Restrangled/Juni..Thank you all for your input...So many storys..So many lives affected..LonelySheep..If I gain some weight,I can be 2 funny guys..LOL!!.....Crazyblondeb..I was reading another thread and realized there were some on the board who could not afford to leave the Jehovah`s Witness`s at the present time..The penalty from the WBT$ was just to great and would destroy thier lives.The WBT$ is an organization that BlackMails thier members to stay.. I then wondered how long it took,from the time they realize it`s all bullsh*t and want to leave,till the time they do leave...OUTLAW

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I was involved with this site for a over a year as an active witness. I only stayed in the JWs to avoid hurting my mother. Once my mother found out, I said screw it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Nice to have you back Richie...OUTLAW

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

About 6 months after they demanded I shave my beard after giving me permission for nearly 2 years to have it. All because some buddy (former elder) of theirs moved back to the Congregation and demanded that they make me shave. His name is Don R. I think the reason these men brown-nosed Don R. is because he used to give talks at the conventions when he was an elder.

The reason for the beard is because I have Psoriasis and it helped keep the breakouts on my face from bothering me. As I said, for two years it didn't seem to matter that I had the beard. I even was a microphone handler, read text at the book study and gave bible readings during the school meeting.

After the first month, I began to have more doubts and began to question the generation change.

By the third month, I bought a computer.

From months three through five, I had enough, but went every other week.

By the sixth month, they no longer had a hold on me.

I kept the beard the whole time, but went through a time when I refused to shake all but one elder's hands. Larry W. never did anything to me, I really like him, so I shook his hand. What was the biggest surprise is Elder Bob S. (who studied with me) even turned on me. I guess never talking to his disfellowshipped son was able to help his bible trained conscience, shun me too. Of course there was Cecil G. who acted like my friend, but was nothing more than a back stabber. The same could be said for Ben K. The biggest jerk of all was the PO, Earl M.

(This is the closest I've ever come to revealing myself on this board. I am almost to the point I could care less if they know who I am. It has taken 6 years to reach the point I no longer care what they think of me.)

[Oh I would love to expose the skeletons in these guy's closets! The only thing keeping me quiet is the fact that they've left me and my mother alone.]

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am only a few months into my fade which started in August, I hoped to fade slower and help the wife become AWOKE! but it gets tougher all the time. The more I learn, the more I see the mind-control, the more I want to walk away from the fade and join you saying "Screw it!!"

If I didn't find other outlets (JWD, books, non-JW family, work) I would have stopped the fade and left. I still might eventually do that.

My breaking point is this- I have two family members in the JW's, the wife and the mother. If I help either one out, I may just walk away totally at that point as an example to the other.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I didn't really decide to leave, I just realized I wasn't good enough and so I slowed down and quit. I also started smoking again in 2000 or so. I kept it hidden for a year but I'm sure some must have known. The PO told me a story once while I was helping him install a bathroom in the kh. It was about a "brother" in chiapas, mx who had to be df'd because he just couldn't quit smoking. I don't remember when this was, around 2000, but I'm sure it didn't pop out of nowhere.

I was ugly for the smoking of course. I was ugly becasue I enjoyed video games. I was ugly for so many things that I just accepted I was going to be destroyed and tried to live my life. From 2001/2002 until now, I managed at varying rates of success to put all this jw crap in the back of my mind and live in the moment.

That stopped working this year. I had a lot of AWESOME and a lot of terrible things happen to me in the last eleven months. I broke up with a girlfriend January 10th. I quit smoking february 22. I won poetry contests and was villified at work because my ex-gf and I both worked at the same alzheimer's facility (she a supervisor. OOPS!)

Anyhow, I fell into a huge depression from march until may. I finally came out and in June whereby my work, due to increased pressure from my ex (still supervisor) convinced them I was crazy. They made me go see a shrink (illegal) and wouldn't let me back to work until I showed them my diagnosis (also illegal).

Work had me take a three week leave with pay. Cool, but all the rumors that came from that were not worht it. During that time, however, I published a joke book for an elderly lady who wanted to see her jokes in a book. I did it through lulu.com so it was very affordable and the book turned out great. I had a story published in a local newspaper and just today, I received a copy of the LTC:Inteface magazine that bought one of my stories. During this time, my ex continued to increase the pressure.

During this time, I received notices from four creditors that are going to be garnisheeing my wages. I can't file bankruptcy due to the george w. bush changes to the bancruptcy laws and I can't afford to make my payments while my wages are garnished. So, I took on another job and a week later, my first job became unbearable and I quit. I now work two low-paying jobs, but I don't make enough to garnish and even though I'm not sure how, I'm making it financially. I just hope I can hold out until the democrats undue that bancrupty fiasco. I meant really, the only people who can afford to file now are those who wouldn't qualify anyways and those who qualify, can't possibly afford all the crap you have to go through. Sorry, touchy subject.

I turned forty this year and last month, I was going over my life and I realized how screwed up I was. A lot of this crap is just me making bad decisions but quite a bit is based on decisions I made as a good jw. I quit my high-paying job and followed my wife to mexico when she got kicked out of the country and I watched as my new car was ruined on the roads down there. I watched as my finances went from exemplary to total disaster while I was trying to take care of her and commute between two countries (especially difficult after 9/11). I wasn't making enough to pay my quarterly self-employment taxes but I couldn't count my dependents since they weren't americans. I was doing what I should and trusting in that thing the jw told me to trust in and I just kept sinking until 2004 when my wife packed up our things and left.

So, I came back to the US and I came back to MN, and I left ever last piece of jw paraphalia that I owned in a pile on floor of our old apartment. Similar to jezebel, I didn't even give that refuse a decent burial. Maybe there's a crow somewhere shunning his crow family.

So, with all the good and the bad and the ups and the downs, I finally realized that I needed help. I needed help from people who have been wehre I was and could understand. So I came here. I just lurked for awhile and then, when I was sufficiently pissed off over what I was learning about the UN scandal, the abuse scandal, the lies, nearly everything that happened before 1950, and all the other crap that this god dishonoring organization managed to keep hidden from me, when I was sufficiently pissed off from all that, I signed up for an account here and I haven't looked back. That was about thirteen days ago or so.

Yeah, so I guess it took me four to five years or longer, but each of us has a "screw it" inside of us waiting to come out and satan help his watchtower society when all of us let loose.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    For me it took about a month, but I spent the next year laying low trying to get my family out. It wasn't until I finally said "Screw It!!!" (in your words) that my wife actually came around. There was a lot of BS to swallow in that year though. Glad it's over.

Same here. Just trying now to tie up the loose ends.

tsof

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit