So, was there ever a big announcement?

by TweetieBird 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I don't get to check this board too often and if it has already been discussed, I apologize. Just curious if there was ever a big announcement. If so, can someone post the link?

• blondie
    blondie

I have and several others concluded that the big announcement was the distribution of the tract, The End of False Religion is Near! This campaign ended November 12, 2006, though I suspect there are plenty left over.

There is also an insert on blood in the November KM, repeating what was said in 2000 and 2004 WTs.

THE END IS NEAR!!!!

Ever hear that before?

Blondie

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thanks, Blondie...I knew I could count on you.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I suspect it was just a rumour to try and boost attendance figures for a while. The tract campaign wasn't new, they've had those before, as well as adjustments to the allowed blood components. I have no idea if it worked or not.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The end of false religion is near....heard that crap back in '73. I guess the watchliar sociopath society's definition of near is somewhat diferrent than the rest of the worlds.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I mentioned in another thread. My mother said it was something about stopping the preaching work in the USA. Many people said she misunderstood and then I noticed some follow up threads, that had that common message throughout. So as much as I know my mom likes to read things into information, I was happy to see that she was not alone in her misunderstanding.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR

In my time as a Witness, I never heard that ONCE. I was always under the understanding that we all would grow old and die and one day hundreds of years from now, the would might end. Kidding!

• Amazing
    Amazing

I learned long ago that the Watchtower organization is expert at jerking JW around ... and for a time, they also manage to jerk around ex-JWs. If the Society does the most insignificant thing, like announcing who can handle microphones, it is a "BIG" announcement to them. It is rubbish to the rest of us.

Jim Whitney

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

I remember the last big announcement. A letter was read at a Sunday meeting telling every one to attend the service meeting the following week because there was going to be a really important exciting announcement read that night. What is it! What is it! This is so exciting I can't wait! What is it! - We have updated the Organized Ministry book, Praise Jah!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    The end of false religion is near....heard that crap back in '73.

YAWN.........yes, we "delivered" THAT "URGENT MESSAGE" with tracts back then.....and we have been waiting for it ever since. The WTS enjoys propping up all these old feelings so the JWs won't feel they have been LIED to.....and then it all dies down again for a while.

Those that have gotten disgusted and left.....are not allowed to be spoken to by the remaining duped ones.....

The new ones have not been through this experience before and are sucking it up just like WE did decades ago....

And NOTHING has changed as far as "the message" goes. Same-old Same-old.....just new ones to trudge door-to-door to deliver it.....and the old ones who dutifully cling to the nonsense the WTS prints and teaches.

It's really quite sad....and what a waste of lives.

Big announcement????? We MUST have missed it!

Annie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The articles on the light gets brighter seems to have been preparing the members for two changes

blood in the Nov KM

around 80 amendments to the Revelation book

The big announcement was that the end is about to come. I have a friend who is still in that felt it was a joke, and that she'd heard it all before. If she had followed all the hype in the early 1990's about responsible child bearing she would not have been blessed with her beautiful children.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit