So I was in this Laundromat today....

by Gretchen956 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Today my washer broke. I was taking a shower, when I heard the most gawdawful noise, very loud grinding buzzer sound from my washer. I hurried as fast as I can because its a Saturday morning and I don't want to wake up the whole neighborhood but it took me a couple minutes. Toast. Totally fried it.

Anyway, so I told the apartment manager (its actually theirs) and they arranged to stop by and look at it this afternoon... and I'm off to my big laundry day adventure. Did I mention my mood was getting pissier by the minute? HA. Get there, get everything loaded in.... WHAT??!! $2.25 per washerload. OMFG but I digress. Now I have a few minutes to look around the place. Aren't those places fun? Started looking through the magazine stack and there it was. Watchtower in Spanish.

I tossed it in the trash. Kept on looking at the magazines and sure enough, WT and Awake in English. I almost swished them in the bin too, but then I had a flash. I remembered someone in this forum wrote things on them when ever they come across the mags. So I went out to the car, got a marker, and wrote: WT protects pedofiles www.silentlambs.org on both of them.

Don't know why, but my mood brightened considerably after that.

What do you all do when you come across the mags?

Sherry

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I don't have a marker I take them and then trash them elsewhere

Josie

• ballistic
    ballistic

When I was in the USA, I had a laundry place do my washing, I forget how much it was, I think it was about 10 dollars, and it came back all pressed and hung up and in brown paper. I couldn't believe it. Superb service and at least half the price what it would cost here!

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

What do you all do when you come across the mags?

The staff and nurses I used to work with would collect them for me. Then they'd go to the trash. If no one was around, I'd get my marker out and give the silentlambs.org and freedminds site.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There is a jw at work who used to leave the mags in all the reception areas at the hospital I work at, and I used to follow her round and throw them in the trash. She doesn't seem to have brought any in lately, so maybe she's caught on. If I see mags anywhere, I put them where they belong - in the dustbin.

• ballistic
    ballistic

sorry - I kinda went off on a tangent about laundry services...

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    sorry - I kinda went off on a tangent about laundry services...

OMG! This is SOOOO my kind of humor. LOL!!!!!

• damselfly
    damselfly

I do my best studying in the laundrymat!! There's never any JW mags but I am all caught up on my celebrity gossip.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Ballistic,
    Glad we could get the laundry right, heaven knows we've murdered the language!

Ha, silly boy. Did you read up the latest WT and Awake whilst you were getting your skivvies laundered?

Sherrt

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

My maid is gonna get fired if she don't get over here and do my laundry!!!

hangclotheshangdrywash

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit