So I was in this Laundromat today....

by Gretchen956 16 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• delilah
    delilah

I fire them into the trash bin at work too...it really makes me angry that they'd leave the mags in the nursing home. Do they really think that an elderly person is going to change their beliefs when they are on the threshold of leaving this life behind??They've spent an entire lifetime believing in their religion, and suddenly a magazine is going to change them?

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I recommend buying those self-stick return address labels in a flourescent color with tha anti-JW message.

About $10 per thousand and much more visible.

Think:

Witnesses Protect

Pedophiles !

Proof Here

www.silentlambs.org

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    So I went out to the car, got a marker, and wrote: WT protects pedofiles www.silentlambs.org on both of them.

I keep a couple of brightly colored Sharpies in my breifcase for this such purpose. I take the bus to work (I live about 5 miles from my work, and the Mrs. uses the car for her commute wich is about 10 miles), and often came across the Rags. I used to just trash them, but figured I would get a better message across by writing, "The publishers of this magazine protect pedofiles. Go to www.silentlambs.com for the truth on "The Truth."

I see the point of having some stickybacks printed nicely. Perhaps I'll do that over the long weekend.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Howdy Gretchen,

I'm finally getting to this thread now that I've returned from the laundromat. I go there only for the big stuff. Strange, how I was looking for mags and thinking about the annotation attack (where's my pen?); couldn't find a single JW-related item! Were you directing my thoughts? Honest, this is the first I've read your piece! Sorry about your Bendix. I hate that mine is in storage.

Delilah's comment on literature in the rest homes reminded me of a friend's invalid grandmother. The elderly lady was sufficiently lucid to lament her not living up to her Catholic faith. My friend said that a JW attendant's preaching to Grandma was relentless and put the old gal into a real state: a sort of double-guilt trip. The family finally spoke to management and got the "spiritual comforter" reassigned.

Mr. Clean Jeans,

CoCo

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    I remembered someone in this forum wrote things on them when ever they come across the mags. So I went out to the car, got a marker, and wrote: WT protects pedofiles www.silentlambs.org on both of them.

Don't know why, but my mood brightened considerably after that.

What do you all do when you come across the mags?

Sherry

Our washer broke, too and we ended up at the Laundry mat. I came across the tract about "False Religion" in Spanish. It's the first of these tracts I've seen, as they never delivered mine at the house. *snif-snif-pout*I feel so-o left out and depreciated.

I also wrote in the Silent Lambs & Free Minds websites above the WT.org address on the back. I wrote a short note on the inside explaining that, "...JW's believe God will soon kill them, their children and everyone else on earth -- unless they convert and become Jehovah's Witnesses." I added, "I know, because I was one for 35 years."

I hope that gave them something to discuss with their friends.

Rabbit

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I did the Silent Lambs thing with a marker..Came back a month later the same magazines were still there....Now I just trash them...OUTLAW

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Truth, Outlaw! Have you ever seen anyone read them? Hell no! Once in awhile I've seen someone on a bus with a magazine. Never forget this one lady, she'd read for awhile and then get her pen out to underline all the while sneaking a peak to see if anyone was watching her so she could strike up a conversation. Everyone within eyeshot was studiously studying the plantlife at the edge of the sidewalks so as to not give her a chance. lol

Sherry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit