Are JWs chronic liars?

by Kristofer 34 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I agree with fokyc the worst of the bunch are the elders, what do you expect of the followers when they set the example they do. I have already put on a few threads re; lies but will. continue to do so from my experiance in the borg.

I am absolutely disgusted with the way they can glibly LIE so easily, They just don't know when to throw the shovel away, they dig themselves deeper and deeper in the mire.

KT

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Every door we went to and they went to ...we lied straight to the faces of the householders. We came and we smiled and we pretended we really did care about their spiritual welfare and we were doing a VOLUNTEER work, and all the while we are thinking that the longer we talk to this idiot the better our time cards will look and this schmo is a goat and Im gonna take his house after he's ripped apart by birds...

And in the hall "Oh Brother Kluliss what a WONDERFUL talk! I was so ENCOURAGED and it was so UPLIFTING!" and to their backs we say "Did you HEAR how he was POPPING HIS P's? And oh my GOD did you see how wrinkled that suit was? How tight her dress was? How ill behaved their kids are?? ...."

I HATE that I was ever like that...the whole world of the JWs is one big gi-normous fabrication. The stuff Star Wars is made of...and people worship that TOO.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

I'm setting the record straight, there was a time when an elder did speak the truth to me, that was the time he said to me "you will never be an elder because you won't agree with the elders.

HE WAS PERFECTLY correct and I told him that,that was the truest word I've ever heard from the the body of elders.

KT

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Do you think her behavior is a direct link to her JW-ness? Or do you think she is just deceptive aside from her upbringing.

I wasn't raised as a jw, but I have been associated with them for most of my adult life and I would say that the lying is built into the religion. When you are convinced that everyone outside of your small (by comparison) organization is wicked and a tool of your worst enemy, satan, then lying becomes a rather small thing.

The jw cult inculcates a learned paranoia into their members. You not only fear the wicked people outside the organization, but you fear your brothers and sisters too because some of them are going to become bad association and could lead you away from god. *begin sarcasm* Noboby knows which ones will turn out to be a false brother and sister, but luckily most in the congregation have some pretty good guesses that they are willing to share to those they trust. *end sarcasm*

But it isn't just the wicked world and potential false brothers that the jw learns to fear, it's god and jesus themselves. They teach that if you don't show proper respect to the organization and obey it implicitly, you will be offending god and could be thrown out of the organization or destroyed.

Finally, each witness is taught to not trust themselves either. Since each heart is treacherous, you can't even trust your own intuition, motives, desires, and dreams. You basically have to maintain a wall a fear from all sides and from all people. It's quite taxing and with this much pressure, oftentimes it's just easier to lie.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'll bet she told you that you don't have to become a JW to make her happy. Sorry to hear it bro, I hope you're over her now. I was her not too long ago. I'm angry and ashamed that I was like that.

• MsShockJock
    MsShockJock

Terry,

Right on! How true, how true....and once you stop believing and become a pretender it's all a pretense after that, and you live with the fear of being found out that you are a faker and a liar until you can't take it anymore and decide to be true to yourself, stop the lie and leave to org.

• parakeet
    parakeet

MIL's worst nightmare: "Do all JW's lie? I don't know. But I think if they are anything like my MIL and they do not get their way, then they justify/excuse an awful lot of their own bad behaviour by claiming they are being persecuted for their beliefs."

I agree that many JWs deliberately provoke nonJWs and make trouble whenever they can, both individually and as a religion (e.g. the new "false religion" tract). They need to create dislike in others in order to "prove" they're the chosen ones.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Jehovah's Witnesses do not lie. They know the definition of the word well and do everything they can think of to not lie. This would include being evasive, answering questions that you did not ask, not answering questions that you did ask, telling partial truths, using partial quotes, etc. And where do they learn how to do this? If you have ever read any of their literature or listened to a talk, you'd know.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    . This would include being evasive, answering questions that you did not ask, not answering questions that you did ask, telling partial truths, using partial quotes, etc. And where do they learn how to do this? If you have ever read any of their literature or listened to a talk, you'd know.

the JW as the articulated manipulator

• parakeet
    parakeet

Amber Rose -- "Jehovah's Witnesses do not lie. They know the definition of the word well and do everything they can think of to not lie. This would include being evasive, answering questions that you did not ask, not answering questions that you did ask, telling partial truths, using partial quotes, etc."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit