DID ANYONE ELSE GET PASSED OVER W/THE KN TRACT?

by juni 49 Replies latest jw friends

• merfi
    merfi

I didn't get one, either. Guess my pagan Christmas decorations spooked them off.

~merfi
    (yeah, a bit over-excited about my first Christmas since 1987...)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I didn't get one. I would feel sad, but I haven't seen a JW in years except for relatives and one old friend who doesn't care that I am disassociated (elders wife whose good heart trumps her religion!HAH!!!) Several years ago I was (effectively)put on a DNC list, I am sure.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Apparently, the urgent nature of being deep in the time of the end hasn't gotten through to the JWs whose KH is only a few miles from our home. No tract here.

• juni
    juni

Thanks to all of you for sharing.

Enjoy your first Christmas Merfi!

Juni

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I'm almost willing to bet more people read the tract online because of us than actually spent the time reading the real thing left behind by the JWs at their door.

• Jobees
    Jobees

I welcomed a visit to get the tract, just so I could really upset whoever (from my old hall) came to my door. But, my sister must have let them know how actively anti-JW I am and told them not to waste their time.

We're moving out-of-town in a few weeks, so I can't wait to get a visit from that local congregation. Maybe I'll have a little fun with it...

• Nowman
    Nowman

The JWs came to my door for the 1st time, since I ve lived there for 4 years. I thought it was interesting because she did not tell me that she was a JW, just explained that they were handing out tracts for a special campaign, I said thank you and closed the door. Then I through the tract away, it gave me the willies.

Nikki

• dilaceratus
    dilaceratus

A local Jehovah's Witness gentleman I know by sight (but not name) via some relations came to my door; he apparently recognized me as one of the Lost, and hesitated, but finally stated that he knew one of my elderly kin and asked whether I had received one of the tracts. I politely accepted it from his hand as I made obvious move to close the door, and commented, "Thank you-- I read it online quite a few months ago." Very quickly for a man of his age, he snatched it right back from my fist, and said, "Well, I'll share it with someone else, then!" As the door was already on its way to being closed, I allowed it, and he, to continue unmolested, save by my laughter.

So I suppose I can reply that I was both given and passed over, of the bounty. Alas, my task of having to dispose of it in the kitchen receptacle will likely fall to some harried laundromat attendant.

P.S. Ought we not congratulate this gentlemen on his principles, if not his manners? No suspicious notches in his gun belt!

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

My mom sent me one via mail and also assured me by letter that I will be getting one in my door soon too. I haven't received it yet in my door and I have been slightly dissappointed because I would like to atleast talk to them about it.

• aarque
    aarque

I, too, live in a small rural town (pop.860) and they never came here, and not in the next town over where I work (pop. 792)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit