Has anyone gotten a restraining order on elders??

by mzliz 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mzliz
    mzliz

Here's the story,

Been "inactive" for 2.5 years.from that day forward my elder brother, sister and parents have treated me as an apostate, seeing how I told them I didn't believe in their bible or god. I have been exluded from everything but since getting pregnant, my parents now want to be part of the babies life (just to "save" the child I'm sure, but thats what monitors are for)

Since the elders have found out about coming child, they are harrassing the hell out of me. I have successfully blown them off for months, but now are coming by my house, (I dont answer) last night at 5 this morning at 10,

leaving notes, messages about JC meetings etc. my recent response to them was that I'm inactive and the last time i checked the rules, i should be left alone since i don't hang out with witnesses or profess to be one. Of course the response was that i still am baptised and considered one of the flock, and needing to keep the cult clean. I don't care if I'm DF, I DA myself 10 years ago but went back 5 years ago because of emotional blackmail. BUT I WON'T MEET WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! they said they are "trying" to prevent me from being DFd by meeting with me, BS! they just want info and control and to lable me as an apostate. Its hillarious to hear them speak to me as if we think on the same level. They can't grasp that others Don't believe.

My BF (not a witness) called the most annoying elder

today, and told him that if they continue to call me we will take legal action. THE ELDER LAUGHED, and said "right, legal action" . When My BF brought up the restraining order it sobered him up. I think it would be fun to get one, yet on the other hand a huge waste of energy wasted on a toxic cesspool. they are the most arrogant bunch of people I have ever met. what do you think?

• garybuss
    garybuss

Thumb hit enter key while preparing the post below.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    they are the most arrogant bunch of people I have ever met

That phrase sums most elders up very well.

Just threatening them with a restraining order might be enough to keep them away, rt might be all the action you need to take. It should make them realise that you really don't want their help, and you don't really care what they do.

BTW welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your forthcoming baby

love

Linda

• blondie
    blondie

Restraining orders are not free. Around here minimum it would cost $100. Also, who will enforce them, the police, who will do it only if there are not serious crimes taking place. Why not post a legal no trespassing sign and call the police if they disregard it? It will be cheaper. The first time they are told to get off your property.....

Get caller ID...don't take calls unless you know for sure who it is and want to talk to them.

Don't let them call you at work. Hang up and tell your boss what you are being harassed at work.

Blondie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I might take the avenue of having my attorney write them a letter and name names, demanding they leave you alone and threaten them with personal legal process if they refuse to comply. That might still cost a hundred or more here.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The elders here got real quite when I told them that Orders of Protection are REAL and that the courts take them seriously no matter what the watchtower cult says.

They were stalking me to get evidence of wrongdoing. 6 months later I had enough evidence about the Watchtower Society to convince my brainwashed mind that they are indeed a cult so I saved them the trouble of forming a JC for me to answer charges of apostasy and fired the Watchtower.

• mzliz
    mzliz

I can deal with the $100, around here it goes in the newspaper which i would love. And you have to appear before a judge to get one, he decides if its needed or not. I can base it on harrassment, I have the notes and saved the messages, also being 8 months along would help my side (don't piss off a pregnant woman:).

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

That is one huge bummer. Some elder's are so dense and arrogant that they think they're above the law. We did not get a restraining order but made it very clear that if they EVER came to our door we would call the sheriff. (Humming..."We shot the Elder...but we did not shoot the deputy"...OH I'M JUST KIDDING OF COURSE)!!

We keep the phone numbers for the police and sheriff in a very handy place. Since our elder's themselves were guilty of conduct unbecoming their "elderly" state...I believe they are afraid to come here anyway. Though I doubt they have that much of a conscience.

I digress. I would find out what you could about how much harassment and in what form would make you "eligible" to take out a restraining order. I would just think the mental stress of this treatment of you by them would be enough...but then laws vary from state to state I believe.

Good luck and hang in there!

mumsy

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

garybuss idea is a good one. a lawyer can write one for $25-$50. after being sent the letter and they still bother you that is grounds for a RO. also a lot of the time the court makes the defendant pay all court costs of you succeed in getting a RO to stick.

• mzliz
    mzliz

I think I like the idea because they are such a pain in the A@# to so many of us that I would love to bring them in front of actual realistic authority, instead of there pretend bullsh@# where they get young girls to tell them in detail what exactly they did with that worldy boy!! so they can go home and fantasize about it with their cold drugged up drunk wives who are so sick of FU##@ing them that they eventually commit suicide (I'm not bitter)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit