Has anyone gotten a restraining order on elders??

by mzliz 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""If you have an RO and they show up, then by all means invite them in calling LE while you are "in the kitchen." ""

I think you will find that your inviting them in would nullify the RO.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A number of people on this board (and around the net) have had some success in writing a very long letter that talks alot about how you want your lawayer to be present at any meeting they will hold against you and that you want it tape recorded and all kinds of stuff like that.

Threats really should work. Send it to them with signiture conformation. Have it drafted by a lawyer if you really want to go that far. Do everything you can to make them realize that you are as serious as possible and that your not going to play any of their games. They will be gone for good.

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Any response to your letter?

bczar

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I'm not sure where you live (country) but if you (or anyone else for that matter) live in Canada, you'd do well to look into Canada's criminal harassement laws. It's also called the anti-stalking law but upon telling someone that they are harassing you, if they contact you again in any form you would have the ability to lay criminal charges against them. I haven't seen it done in this instance as it's mostly used when relationships go sour, but there's nothing specific in the law that would only allow it to be used for this purpose.

Kwin

• mouthy
    mouthy

At the PA convention in Oct an exJW gave the experience of the Brothers? doing the same thing -pestering them. She was considered one of the remnant -so the Brothers ?kept calling & calling -she had been & is very ill. ( a Marvalous lady) So Her hubby called & told them to stop harrasing her. But they were like a cat with a mouse wouldnt stop....So when they had their assembly -He called the Police & said he wanted to charge these Brothers? with stalking... They drove to the Assembly in front of all the crowds (JWS) And the Police told them to stop stalking else they would be charged....I would have loved to be presant ... The one that told the experience is doing SUCH a wonderful job helping others come free. Dont let them get away with stalking or pestering.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit