Has anyone gotten a restraining order on elders??

by mzliz 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Danny Haszard harassment
    order
    against Jehovah's Witnesses

In Maine usa all you need is to go into district court go up to the lobby window with $20.00 and you must have the names and addresses of the perps

No 'global pleading' against the entire organization only named individuals.

Incident doumentation (video tape from my camcorder,still photographs of my slashed tires etc)

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I am covered for the rest of my life if they ever intrude and threaten me.

What will happen?The moderators will appreciate me not posting that here.

Know this,the local district attorney will never get 12 jurors to convict me of anything criminal.

NO TRESPASSING SIGNS
    Watch new special about stalkers UPDATED

• BCZAR2ME
    BCZAR2ME

Keep us posted.

bczar

• mama1119
    mama1119

Blondie and Garybuss had some great ideas. No trespassing signs would be great, as soon as they step foot past it, call the police. I also love caller ID. Be careful if your parents want to meet you anywhere, if they are really loyal dubs it could be a setup.

Much luck, welcome and congrats on the baby!

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Also, who will enforce them, the police, who will do it only if there are not serious crimes taking place.

Violating a restraining order IS a crime.

• mzliz
    mzliz

Justice one-- love your p.s

in a recent phone discussion with them they pointed out how I "had gotten myself into a condition"

and I pointed out that they didn't know if I had been raped, married for the conception, now was divorced, annulled or still married. Or if I thought i was Mary. That they don't have proof that sex happened outside the "marriage bed".

deny deny deny

• mzliz
    mzliz

A lot of good ideas, thank you!

I am not fond of the no trespassing signs because around here it takes the police like 15 minutes to get here and by that time they would be long gone, unless i gave the plate number?? I really like the idea of public humiliation for them seeing how thats the real basis of DF, and being reinstated.

• blondie
    blondie

So what is the response time to a call on a violation of a restraining order? Do the police say that they will be there sooner? How many squads patrol your neighborhood and when? What priority do they put on restraining orders? Since this will not be a situation of physical threat or harm, and the elders are not likely to have an arrest history of physical threat or harm, it might have some bearing on the priority.

The best thing to do is to:

1. get caller ID and only answer calls from people you want to talk with
    2. get a legal "no trespassing" sign to keep them off your property (JWs have been instructed by the WTS not to violate these signs; that they individual JW will be responsible for all legal ramifications)

Blondie

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Hell response time doesn't matter guys.

If you have an RO and they show up, then by all means invite them in calling LE while you are "in the kitchen."

Be friendly, distract them, then tell the Police how "they just barged in, I don't know what even happened."

You won't even have to testify since the Police will be witness to the violation.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Don't get me wrong. I think Restraining orders (like gun control) are a waste of time. But the Elders would at least be breaking the law, which could be used against them. But I fear, that since the Elders probably are not threating your life, an RO would be next to impossible to get. I know, been there, done that. (Though not with the cult leaders.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit