JW told me today that I was bashing his religion

by moshe 49 Replies latest jw friends

• NanaR
    NanaR

wv peach,

A bit touchy, aren't we?

Have you read the new JW tract? Do you understand that JWs classify all religions other than their own as evil and worthy of destruction by God? So the expression, "They can dish it out but they can't take it" would seem to apply to this gentleman who accused Moshe of "bashing". I really don't think that attempting to tell someone about facts they need to know constitutes bashing. But pronouncing a blanket sentence of death on all religions that disagree with yours (as the tract does) sure seems like it to me.

These same people have, as proved in several court cases, concealed evidence in order to prevent pedophiles from being prosecuted and brought to justice. So that in the meantime, other innocent children were being victimized. The bulletin from silentlambs was an appeal to people to act to prevent the destruction of evidence that should be presented in court cases.

The fact that such things have occured in other churches is part of the point. JWs allege to be different, in fact, "without spot from the world".

Your husband, I am sure, is a fine person. There are many fine people who are JWs. But they fact that we love them does not make their religion true. And many of the practices of that religion (such as shunning and refusal of blood transfusions as medical treatment) cause untold amounts of suffering for people. I should know. I lived under their influence for 50 years. But not any more.

NanaR from Kentucky (very close to parts of WV)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Does anyone have a snappy comeback for, "you're just bashing my religion"? Thanks!!

Not original, I know, but... doesn't that Kingdom News Tract #37 (or whatever it's called) 'bash' religions? Does he think that it is okay for Jehovah's Witnesses to 'bash' other religions?

Kinda one-sided, if you ask me.

Regards,

Jim TX

• south african beef
    south african beef

wvpeach is just causing trouble again by being contrary methinks.

He/she did similar the other day and really hurt someones feelings, someone who was feeling low and vulnerable.

Come clean peachy - what are your real motives??

• garybuss
    garybuss

Witnesses go hunting with a shotgun. Moshe and I go hunting with a rifle.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"Speaking about religion bashing, how's the latest tract campaign going?"

• Gill
    Gill

Well they're always bashing everyone elses religion, why can't they take some of their own medicine?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Well they're always bashing everyone elses religion, why can't they take some of their own medicine?

I was thinking that Gill. I don't know what this guy was so bothered about, jws are told to invite expect persecution, so he should be happy that someone is bashing his religion, it should strengthen his faith in his beliefs.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    Does anyone have a snappy comeback for, "you're just bashing my religion"? Thanks!!

How about, "People in glass houses............"

I was on a different forum where people were talking about getting copies of the tract on False Religion. Many were offended at some of the comments made by the Tract and some JWs came on to "clarify" things. When the people started asking them questions about their religious beliefs and bringing up certain things in the history of the Watchtower Society, the JWs all left saying that they refuse to speak with individuals who were only interested in "bashing" their religion.

It left a rather large impression on the people on the board many of whom had never really dialogued or attempted to dialog with a JW before, and I must say the impression was not all that positive.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• moshe
    moshe

Thanks for some ideas, everyone. I decided on this- - "I'm not bashing JW's, I'm discussing the beguiling delusional bamboozlement of the Watchtower Society". Yep, that should be enough doublespeak to befuddle them.

• wvpeach
    wvpeach

Now come on people lets stop acting like little old ladies gossiping over back yard fences.

I went to the silent lambs web site as moeshe posted.

Amounts to the same thing as meeting a catholic on line and saying,hey catholic dude how many priests do you suppose are enjoying sex with a alter boy tonight?

And you all know it.

Or meeting a muslim and assuming they belong to Al Qauida. or however you spell that bunch of radical muslims who seem to define all muslims with most americans today. Never mind that muslims out number christians 3 to one and most are very peace loving and anti violence. Some killed people . Some have gay sex, some are pedophiles so they all must be.

I hate hypocrites and cowards is all.

Jeff S congradulations you have been part of the crowd mentality. Get in a situation like that and its easy to stay silent and let the crowd slam whoever just declined to argue further on a issue. Even though I assure you somebody read that encounter and thought these people are using a bully pulpit gang mentality and gossip instead of sound christian reasoning, yet stayed silent for fear of the crowd turning on them.Tell you what Jeff go to a NBA game and have somebody yell fire and you'll get the same reaction, people crushing each other in a effort to save thier own skin.

I would like to hear a JW bash somebody else's religion. Really I know several , so I'd like to hear that sometime as I must have missed that somewhere.

gary buss are you threatening the lifes of JW's ? go ahead make them martyers and let God deal with you later.This little sounthern gal has a concealed carry permit but it never occurred to me to go hunting for christians. Geez please explain that remark if I am mistaken, because it makes me glad I got the permit.

FYI , I found this web site after leaving a 3 year membership on a christian forum doing what I hoped were bible studies.

It became apparent to me all they really cared abut was bashing other denominations mostly the catholics and certainly the Jehovahs Wittness. So I googled Jehovah's Wittness Forum and here I am.

My intention was to ask some real JW's why do you think you all get bashed so much? I have a husband to ask , but he's far too mature to let such things even register on his radar , so that was no use.

Instead of finding a lot of fellow brothers and sister in Christ who happen to go to a kingdom hall I landed up here.

With a bunch of people who like to gossip and tear christian's down. Make no mistake that God is not ignoring the fact that is happening.

Because if even one person who could have been reached by the message of Christ and led a better life here on earth is denied that because of your gossip and lies about a denomination of Christians ( the Jehovahs Wittness or the Catholics )then you all are in deep doo doo.

But it will not be me you will answer too. It will be God .

Now why am I still here? I will leave when the Holy Spirit gives me leave. As a faithful lover of God and one he has given a warriors spirit too , I am often called to places I'd never go if given the choice. Its confirmed I was called here.

I will stay till given leave to go by God, or until some administrator puts me off , having made the choice for you all , not to hear the truth.

Personally the sooner the better, but that is up to how much you all complain to administration or when God gives me leave to go.

Hopefully soon, as while I am impressed with the loving heart some of you have and know they are looking for the truth ,

Most here are just gossips and love to spread untruths. Thats my opinion. Gods may be different to be sure.

But hey I am a human after all and entitled to my own opinion , last I knew.

Paula

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit