Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

by The wanderer 53 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer
    Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

Since becoming a member of this board, it has often come
    to my attention how much negative attention that Jehovah's
    Witnesses receive from some members on this board.

Why the hostility?

Understandably, some, if not most of us on this discussion
    board have had one or two incidents regarding individuals
    within the organization. But does this justify hating them?

Negative emotions are not healthy

Have you considered the effects on your own health
    by holding on to a grudge or having an "ax" to grind?

Personally, I have nothing against Jehovah's Witnesses
    in fact, I feel sorry or pity for these misled and lost souls.

Questions for consideration

• Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses or the organization?

• Have you worked out your ill will toward them?

• What is your general viewpoint of Jehovah's Witnesses?

Please post your commentary for a lively
    discussion regarding this matter.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no - I try not to hate people - but I hate the religion. Just like I quite like many muslims, but I truly believe the religion is evil incarnate and I will go to my grave believing that

• Warlock
    Warlock

NO.

Warlock

• buriram
    buriram

Good question , I used to but now do not hate them as people but hate what they stand for.

• hambeak
    hambeak

No I don't hate anyone I take the idea if you want to play a game play by the rules if you find the rules are against your conscience leave. I know that is easier said than done especially when so much raw emotion is involved but hate will consume you and is not worth it; Life has too many beautiful things and people to get to know. just my 2 cents

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi Wanderer to answer your questions

While i don't hate any witnesses, there are some who irritate me by the way they act, not in a christian manner etc. I will lose some good (though conditional) friends when i am 'out' for good but i try and remind themselves that they are all under the spell of the WTS and its teachings.

As to the organisation itself yes i do get angry thinking about it, now i've learnt of all the changing doctrines, its peoples lives they are messing with and when it comes to important life and death things and keep changing back and forth,ie organ transplants, that does make me want to shake all jws and tell them somethings not right in the borg..

I feel more anger and disgust at myself than the above to be honest, anger at believing it all and not checking it out properly, anger for wasting 14 years being active inactive active all the time.Most of all anger and self disgust that between the wts and myself and husband we could have been instrumental in causing my baby to die through the blood doctrine, if the courts had'nt stepped in. I still look at my children when they're asleep and cry my eyes out that my gorgeous son would not have been here because i was too scared to speak up.

So no i don't hate any of them, just myself!

• Sam87
    Sam87

i hate the way that they can be ignorant and blind to the real truth, but i dont hate them as people.

Sam87.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I shun Jehovah's Witnesses.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Questions for consideration

• Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses or the organization?
      I do not hate anyone. There are some great people caught up in this cult, just as I was caught up. I am
      upset at myself for not investigating them better, and also for aiding the cult in recruitment. I even
      believe that most JW are sincere believers, even some on the GB. Still, the organization is evil. While
      I am still physically chained to them, I am mentally free. The evil persists until their downfall.

• Have you worked out your ill will toward them?
      Define the question better. Am I a bitter person who comes on here to rant and rave about the
      evil borg? Yeah, there is still some of that, but I am getting better all the time. I would love to be an
      active anti-JW, picketing a KH or Bethel, standing near them on a corner and handing out "Truth Tracts."
      I never will, though. Even if I were free to do so, I recognize the need to move away from the ill will.

• What is your general viewpoint of Jehovah's Witnesses?
      The people are like addicts. Some are able to do great things, but that drug (WTS) keeps them down.
      The people are generally sincere. The elders are totally untrained for serious counseling. (I know, I was one.)
      The organization puts works ahead of faith and heart. They convince the people that works are faith and heart.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

No, but I do hate cults and the mind control.

The Good Girl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit