Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

by The wanderer 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses or the organization?

On the whole, it's the Organization. Or more specifically, the Governing Body. The R&F Witnesses are just following orders. Although some of them are truly dispicable. When I saw Witnesses on Dateline, going into court to support the pedophile, and not the victim, I found that inexcusable. Those people should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

I agree with stillajwexelder, the religion is evil and I hate the religion.

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

THEY SICKEN ME

• Honesty
    Honesty

It's difficult to harbor ill will towards victims of an abusive cult.

• becca1
    becca1

Not at all. I love these people. I hate what is being done to them. The deceit, the lost opportunities, the mind control... I have to restrain myself at every meeting so as not to shout out: "you're being deceived, think for yourselves!"

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

No, I love them... truly do love many who are still in.

That's why it all hurts so much.

Baba.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Wow- NO ONE said they hated the dubs...

wonder how different the answer would be if we asked those "christians" if they hated apostates...

So, me too: love the sinner, hate the sin.

:P

I agree with one of the first replies- negativity is really bad for us. But often i take to dwelling on how horribly WRONG the dubs are and how hateful they can be to those of us that disagree with them. I need to let go of that.

No, I don't hate the JWs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have nothing against individual Jehovah`s Witness`s..I don`t like the "Jehovah`s Witness Religion"..Why would I hate my friends and family?..WBT$ wants us to hate Jehovah`s Witness`s..That would support thier lies..F*ck the WBT$...OUTLAW

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to hate. One mind-control slogan being: "You must hate what is bad". To a large extent I reject the hate doctrine along with all the other soul destroying nonsense the Watchtower promotes. Hate has a place but if dwelt on is a destructive emotion and can damage it's host. A few years ago, when asked if he hated anyone, the Australian Prime Minister (Bob Hawk) described hate as the most corosive thing in human relationships.

Though I despise the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and everything it stands for, I have no ill feeling toward most JW's as individuals but great empathy for those leaving.

unclebruce

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dittos to 'stillajwexelder'

He said" no - I try not to hate people - but I hate the religion. Just like I quite like many muslims, but I truly believe the religion is evil incarnate and I will go to my grave believing that."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit