Do you hate Jehovah's Witnesses?

by The wanderer 53 Replies latest jw friends

• acadian
    acadian

No, I hate no Man or woman, but...

(Amos 5:10-15) 10 "‘In the gate they have hated a reprover, and a speaker of perfect things they detest. 11 Therefore, for the reason that YOU are extracting farm rent from someone lowly, and the tribute of grain YOU keep taking from him; houses of hewn stone YOU have built, but YOU will not keep dwelling in them; and desirable vineyards YOU have planted, but YOU will not keep drinking the wine of them. 12 For I have known how many YOUR revolts are and how mighty YOUR sins are, O YOU who are showing hostility toward someone righteous, YOU who are taking hush money, and the ones who have turned aside poor people even in the gate. 13 Therefore the very one having insight will in that time keep silent, for it will be a calamitous time.

14 "‘Search for what is good, and not what is bad, to the end that YOU people may keep living; and that thus Jehovah the God of armies may come to be with YOU, just as YOU have said. 15 Hate what is bad, and love what is good, and give justice a place in the gate. It may be that Jehovah the God of armies will show favor to the remaining ones of Joseph.’. . .

The WT Organization is differant, it hates those who expose it for what it is ...Evil.

That's what most hate, other's I'm sure have their reason's, justified I'm sure...

Peace
    Acadian

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Queengreen, I sent these questions to you in a PM, wanted to be sure you got them. Ask these of the JW's then ask former JW's here on the forum if they agree with the answers. There are many religious groups which lead people astray from true Christianity. Should a person examine not only the teachings, but also the history of any religious organization before deciding it is the truth?

What if I joined a religious group to later discover that they have altered their teachings or prophecies? Should I stay in it? What happens if I leave?

Does the organization or leadership claim to be a prophet of God?

Both Deuteronomy 18:20-22 and Matt. 24:11,23-27 warn us of false prophets. How would one identify a false prophet using these verses? Why are Jehovah’s Witnesses not false prophets, have they ever foretold God’s Will and then were wrong?

What would you think if members of a certain religion were not allowed to read other religious literature?

The Mormons claim that one must study THEIR books to attain to an accurate knowledge of the Bible. What do you think of that?

If I was examining the Mormons, do you think it would be a good idea to read books by ex-members? To learn about them from any outside sources such as Time Magazine or maybe websites? Is your answer the same for those examining the teachings of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

Doesn’t the following quote from Watchtower material require that I thoroughly check out Jehovah’s Witnesses?
    1983 United in Worship book chap. 20 p. 155 par. 4 Life and Blood—Do You Treat Them as Sacred?
    The Scriptures show that if we are part of any organization that is bloodguilty before God, we must sever our ties with it if we do not want to share in its sins. (Rev. 18:4, 24; Mic. 4:3) Such action deserves urgent attention.

Do prominent scholars, either secular or religious, support the WT understanding of Scripture? Shouldn’t I examine the scholarly works which the WT quotes, both for a full understanding of their support and also to see what else their training has taught them?

• zagor
    zagor

No I don't hate anybody, including JWs. After all most members here have been or still are JWs. How can I hate those people?!?

What I hate is destructive frame of mind WTBS infuses into those people who, for the most part have destroyed their lives and continue to destroy lives of other people by following an abstract idea. As I posted on another thread, you can see similar frame of mind in many totalitarian societies and communities which all have pretty much the same ending because it is not in human nature to live such unnatural life. The sad part of it is that crash can be really painful, particularly for those innocent individuals who just wanted to be part of something or feel something greater than themselves ... rest is emptiness

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Queengreen - I have sent you the following p.m., as well, but since you are new here and because others may have the same concerns as you, I am posting it here as well: In answer to your question regarding the thread about hating Jehovah's Witnesses, I urge you to check out this Silent Lambs website, because I suspect you may not be aware of the worldwide problem of child abuse and the Jehovah's Witnesses: http://www.silentlambs.org/index.cfm If you are interested in better understanding the anger, sadness, rage and grief that most people posting on this board have experienced, (or are experiencing), as a direct result of their involvement with JWs, there are many here who need and want to share, and who can offer valid insight and point you to other websites explaining it better than I have. What you interpret as hatred is not usually hatred, but rather, anger. Those are two different things. Anger can be used positively or negatively; it is right and proper for all human beings to experience anger over hypocrisy and abusive exploitation, which is what the Watchtower Society of the Jehovah's Witnesses is all about. And it is always appropriate to speak truth to power. We speak truth to the organization that once had power over us. Now, we have the power to use our anger appropriately and rightly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit