My JW roommate and the false religion tract

by oppgirl63 34 Replies latest jw friends

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

My roommate who is disabled was in the hospital for a couple of days last week (nothing too serious). One of the 'Sisters' from the hall brought her a few of the tracts to hand out while she was in the hospital (like to nurses and whoever). She hasn't been to the meetings for a while because she hasn't been feeling well so this was the first time she had seen them. Anyway she asked me to please take them home so the JW's would think she had given them out...she said she wasn't about to give those things out to the people working there. She thought that it would be rude and she just wasn't going to do that. I laughed and said okay....I took them home and threw them away.

• juni
    juni

I agree w/your roommate. I would've done the same thing. Well it was easy placing for that sister, hey?

I still have not got one.yeah right!!

Juni

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Your roommate is to be congratulated, she did a far better thing with those tracts than the local jws have done, they've actually been trying to distribute them.

Juni

I still have not got one.yeah right!!

I can give you a link to read it, if you like lol

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

(APPLAUSE)

You did the right thing. I am curious, how do you have a JW room mate? The last I knew JWs discourage all members of living with "worldly ones." What does her family say?

• Legolas
    Legolas
    She hasn't been to the meetings for a while because she hasn't been feeling well so this was the first time she had seen them.

My gawd...Can't you just see the love?...First it takes her going in to the hospital for them to see her, but do they come out of concern? NO...They want her to put out tracts!

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Her family is not JW (she's the only one). She is disabled and I'm her caregiver (and I'm also a lesbian ). One elder suggested she move but she's said she's not going anywhere. We've known each other for years and get along very well. She can't drive (epilepsy) so I have to take her everywhere, even her meetings. I don't go with her, I just drop her off and pick her up. We are not in a relationship....I don't know if they could threaten her with disfellowshipment if she doesn't move or not. She just got baptized this year and I'm the one that made sure she got to all her studies (it took about 1.5 yrs). The PO and his wife know about me and they are just as nice to me as they can be (they may talk about me behind my back, I don't know). I guess it's a strange situation....but that's our life right now.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

One of the pioneer sisters came out to the house sometime last week...but couldn't get her to the door (I think she was asleep). I wouldn't say they weren't concerned about her. The PO and his wife came by and they didn't leave any tracts. Some others came by also. We live way out in the country so a lot of people don't know how to get to our house.

• tan
    tan

A friend of mine received one last weekend. I took it and threw it in the trash after pointing out the hypocrisy of most of the material in the tract. What a joke.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I have read your posts about this situation before. You are a wonderful caregiver. Your roommate may not be totally immersed in JW allegiance, yet feels the need to go to their meetings. One day, she may move more toward the door away from JW's, but even if she does not, you have shown her true care, love.

• Warlock
    Warlock

oppgirl63,

You are a good person. Actually, a very good person.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit