My JW roommate and the false religion tract

by oppgirl63 34 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    He said,"Yeahhhh, that tract is going to cause lots of trouble." I asked him why. He replied, "It exposes false religion."

One of the things I've learned since I "dumped" the WTS is that they have a highly inflated view of their importance in the cosmic scheme of things.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

OnTheWayOut,

In my current cong., lesbians are there but they deny their relationships (to the brothers).
    The elders are not usually going to get involved in these situations because
    there are not 2 eyewitnesses to any sinning, and they are very uncomfortable
    trying to "out" anybody as this could backfire (make people think the elders are
    extreme control freaks).

Hahahaha, I get jokes.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey girl I was wondering how you were doing, thanks for coming back! You really are a great friend to her. I hope that you look after yourself as well. And slow down on the pastas! Weight gain is hard to turn around once it's taken hold.

• oppgirl63
    oppgirl63

Parakeet....there's no way they can throw me out...it's MY home she's living in.

I was reading the other posts and I agree that they actually think people are going to take this seriously. Most people could care less.

One thing I thought was funny is one of the Sisters from my friends hall came by to see her while she was in the hospital and she said that she and her husband had just dropped everything for a month to do this tract work. They think this is so important.

• FreeChick
    FreeChick

Yes, it's true they will not want to take care of her. I've been in that situation before and they do everything to make sure the responsibility won't end up in their hands.

You are wonderful for taking care of your friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit