Do you dream you are back in the Borg?

by uriah 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Yup... even after being out 15 years+.... usually my (kingdumdhall) dreams are confrontational... As of late, any dreams i have pertaining to the jw's/kingdumbhall ussually involve my laptop also.... lmao

PEACE, Mike

• windchime
    windchime

I have dreamt same dreams for a couple of years since my being DF'd. "Folks" in the cong talked to me. I always wondered "why they speak to me? they should have know that I was DF'd?"

• anewme
    anewme

That was a great dream Crumpet!

Funny, while a witness I dreamed I was out in service in my pajamas---at night! I could see families inside by the fire enjoying family life. My book bag was empty and I had no mags to share and I could not explain my presence to the householder! I feared they would call the police and charge me with being a peeping tom!

Post df I dreamed alot about the witnesses. Night after night I went to the meetings and assemblies in my dreams. Each dream would start out rather uncomfortable with me knowing I was dfd. But after a while the witnesses got used to me and I could walk among them and they sort of tolerated my being there and ignored me. No one talked with me of course. I felt like a spirit.

A couple of dreams I went out in service with them. I knew I shouldnt be there, being dfd and all, but hey, did I have a choice? I thought this is weird, I cannot count this time. I just handed out old mags.

Have you ever gone door to door naked in your dreams? I have! I had no underwear on! Everyone could see my butt! I tried to be cool about it and act normal about it....offer the mags etc....... then I would suddenly panic! Very weird indeed.

Fortunately this year all the JW nightmares have definitely stopped. I think that is attributed to the fact that I have definitely gotten over it all and am at peace about my departure from the group and no longer feel threatened to return.

• merfi
    merfi

Wow, weird timing for THIS topic I just had a dream last night about this. I was late to a meeting (which never happened; we were the ones who showed up 10-15min before it started to socialize), so the only spot left was in mid-row up towards the front. The rows were soooo close together that I was having a really hard time getting all my crap, including a baby carrier (my "baby" is 9, so this is just weird), on the floor and myself sat down. What I remember about the dream is that the people in the row greeted me by name, which was odd, I thought (I'm DA'd). But nobody offered to help me with all my stuff... And that's all I remember.

I dream about something JW related every couple months or so, maybe. It's usually about forgetting something ("I have a TALK??") or feeling uncomfortable ("um, sister, your sweater is the wrong color").

I'm sooo glad that I wake up from these. I hate that I have them still.

Crumpet -- can I borrow your dream transcript for my Christmas card letter to my old JW "friends"? lol

~merfi

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Crumpet -- can I borrow your dream transcript for my Christmas card letter to my old JW "friends"? lol

You certainly can! hehe!

So you said about trying to get your baby carrier in the row although your baby is actually 9 - how long since you DAed and stopped attending? I was surprised by the baby featuring in my dream - its probably got something symbolic to it - ie like a new beginnning....

• Soledad
    Soledad

Yes I do and frequently. It's been almost 10 years since I left. I often dream of being at an assembly or in the hall. I am watching but not actively participating in anything. I cant remember if I speak to anyone or if anyone speaks to me but I often wake up feeling panicked and depressed after the dreams.

• undercover
    undercover

Funny this thread should still be alive today...I had a bOrg dream last night. I rarely have dreams about being "back" in the "truth".

Last night I dreamed that I was "invited" to eat dinner with an elder's family I used to know. They were known for taking in all the "weak" ones and creating a strong spiritual family life, having them over for dinner, family study, WT study, on and on. Apparently I had become their new pet project and they were working on straigtening me out.

In the middle of the dream, it switched from us eating at their dinner table to a restaurant table and a family of JWs that I grew up with came in. And I mean the whole kit and kaboodle of em. Cousins, aunts, uncles, grand parents. This was a family that I was considered part of even though I was not blood related. For some reason I was instantly embarrased to be seen eating with this elder's family. Maybe it made me look "too JW" or something and I didn't want to be seen that way.

But then the dream took a weird twist...one of the cousins who was a few years younger and I never appreciated because she was just a kid always in the way back when we were teenagers (well, never appreciated her until much later and then kicked myself for not being nicer to her...hubba hubba) anyhoo... she comes up to me and presents her hand for me to kiss and then asks me to dance. Out of nowhere there's a dance floor in the restaurant and we danced and boy was she hot.

And then I woke up.

I think Freud would have a good time with that one...

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

This happens to me sometimes - and these are always NIGHTMARES!

Jack

• merfi
    merfi
    So you said about trying to get your baby carrier in the row although your baby is actually 9 - how long since you DAed and stopped attending? I was surprised by the baby featuring in my dream - its probably got something symbolic to it - ie like a new beginnning....

I've been DA'd since March (3/9/06 if anyone wants to send me an Freedom anniversary card soon. lol). I went to two more meetings -- once as a bargaining chip to keep the kids an extra day before handing them to the ex and the other meeting was a CO visit. We left half-way thru the slide shows of all those poor third world country's people building KH and all that sad BS. I couldn't breathe so had to leave. I don't plan on setting foot in another KH ever again. Health reasons. ;)

I wonder if having a baby in the dream is like you said -- some sort of new beginning? Maybe I wish, even if it's subconciously, that I could go back and raise my babies differently (NOT in the troof)... hmm...

It's so interesting that many of us had dreams *last night* and this thread comes up.

~merfi

• caligirl
    caligirl

I've had a few nightmares about that, but definitely no dreams!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit