Fireworks night tonight!

by dobbie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• dobbie
    dobbie

Anybody going to a fireworks display tonight in UK?It'll be the first time since being a jw but i LOVE fireworks and am going to one tonight(for the scouts-another no no!)I still feel abit uneasy about it cos of why jws should'nt do it but know my little boy will love it.I was so disappointed when i became a jw and couldn't do this either!Sorry to post something so unimportant but i'm being very childishly excited about it and can't tell anyone else!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dobbie,

You're a day early - but I can see the advantages of having it on a Saturday!

Ian

• dobbie
    dobbie

Ian - LOL!I didn't even realise what the date was today!Thats what happens when you don't go to work!Actually thats ok then cos i'm not going to it on fireworks night so i can't get in trouble for it haha! PS who else thinks i'm really stoopid now?!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Our local rugby club had fireworks last night, and theres a big display tonight down at Gloucester Docks - its brilliant, and I will be going. Theres also usually one at Cheltenham racecourse, and lots of villages will have a display tonight.

I used to sit at the window nearly crying when I was a dub. My hubby would never let me go. I LOVE fireworks.

Now I go to all the displays and i go "OHHHHH" and "AHHHHH" at every single firework! Im like a kid. They nearly make me cry for happiness. I think they are so indescribably beautiful. (I know its pitiful, but I really do!)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm a cheapskate - I live in a house where I can sit and watch everyone else's for free - and stay warm!

• I quit!
    I quit!

Excuse my ignorance but what are the fireworks for?

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

I can watch them from my own home. The local yobs have been putting on a fireworks display every night for the past fortnight.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I quit - It's to celebrate the failure of Guy Fawkes' attempt to blow up the Houses of Parliament in 1605.

http://www.guy-fawkes.com/

• dobbie
    dobbie

KK - I think they are beautiful too! (So that makes me sad AND stoopid!lol)

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

We both like fireworks, but we aren't going to a bonfire tonight. We were thinking of doing so, but with Trev having been ordered to rest by the doctor, we are having a quiet night in tonight. I hope everyone who does go to a bonfire has a lovely evening.

Linda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit