Fireworks night tonight!

by dobbie 34 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey, we'll be drinking the alcohol, not burning it!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Hey, we'll be drinking the alcohol, not burning it!

Too right, Ballistic, I wasn't serious about wasting any booze on an effigy of Rutherford, he had enough of the stuff in his lifetime anyway. I think it's definitely worth keeping the idea of an Apostafest around bonfire night next year in mind though.

• ballistic
    ballistic

It would be nice to think it could be "THE" EX-JW gathering, if only it wasn't so bloody cold at this time of year!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yeah, it is a shame about the cold, but we could wrap up warm, stand around the fire and sojourn to a nice warm pub after the fireworks. I guess it would have to be somewhere where there is enough accomodation, as it is too cold for camping.

• raylo
    raylo

Ooooooooookay

So this actually lets me know just how little I ever paid attention to things while at the KH

I'm sitting here wondering " Did I even know that JW's were not supposed to be into the fireworks or their viewing?" lol

I'm sure it was either talked to death or plastered all over some article or what have you, but reading through some of these posts and my constant " Hmm I never knew they said that", I realize that somehow while I was in attendence at the hall, I still was 'really' not there.....

Raylo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit