What are you now ?

by moomanchu 49 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

A witch!

• NoMoreMeetings
    NoMoreMeetings

I'm the pastor of the East Marion Community Church on Long Island, NY

When I was the presiding overseer, I had no idea I could be this happy.

NMM

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I am. . .

still angry.

• esw1966
    esw1966

I LOVE my new churches!!

I was in search of what was true, found out jw was wrong, then gave myself a few months to de-program. I began listening to many different religious podcasts and soon attended a local community church.

I LOVE it and have never felt happier and more joyful in my life! I go to Men's Breakfasts, small groups, and I work camera for the service every fourth week.

I just went as an observer to investigate. After my first visit, I HAD to go back and see more. I have never stopped going since then. I visit 2 community churches and you can hear them online or on iTunes. They are Cornwall Church and Christ the King Church in Bellingham, WA. They can be found at cornwallchurch.com and ctkbellingham.com

Another podcast that I LOVE is a daily reading of the Bible which reads a Old Testament and New Testament reading in 20 minutes and reads a new Bible version each week, with the exception of the New World Translation . It is by Brian Hardin and is called the Daily Audio Bible. I HIGHLY recommend it!

Much success on YOUR journey!

Ethan

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Active in the Chaplaincy for the Public Safety and Miltary communities.

I have tried many churches and religions since 1989 when I DA'd but have found the Lutheran Orthodox Church to be where I feel most at home.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Taoist.

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Don't know really, some kind of pagan, buddist, neo new age, nature lover. lol I don't believe what people tell me, I just feel what feels right.

• Shanna Korin
    Shanna Korin

I'm honestly just down right confused! Truefully speaking I was very close to letting guilt and "The End" push me right back to the Hall. I still pray and when I'm scared I still @ 35 spell out J-E-H-O-V-A-H to chase away my fears. How ingrained is that? So I gather for all my short comings I still believe in a god. At least most times. lol As for other organized churches I have tried a slew of them Methodist Contemporary was the best but I kept finding myself throwing walls up because of earlier teachings from the JWs. I am glad I found this site because it was just the edge I needed to keep me away from one more seneless study/meeting/ endless bullshit line. So I take it day by day I have bigger things to occupy my time then trying to figure out where to go to praise god. i'm complex enough because of religion.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I am nothing and will remain nothing.

Warlock

• done4good
    done4good

Atheist by one definition. Agnostic by a different one.

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit