What are you now ?

by moomanchu 49 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

Was a JW for 15yrs and previously a Catholic (an altar boy when young).

Now...to me, all religions that rely upon the patriarchal system of worship (i.e. Jehovah/Allah) and that includes Christians, are simply EVIL.

Strong word? If you believe in this god you are a Fascist!!!! No different to a follower of Mussolini or Hitler.

I challenge you!

Peace

Lowden

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't believe in any organised religion. Or dis-organised for that matter.

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hi Lowden,
    I can't dis-agree with you... the God that mankind has created to serve the agenda of the Catholic and JW beleif system is totalitarian and sadistic. The followers of such a god are typically fascist, ethnocentric, and equally cruel. If you have any room in your mind to beleive that there is an entity responsible for all of the matter that we rely upon for our very existence, then perhaps you can accept that you've been force-fed a lie about his true nature.

For what it's worth, some of his beleivers recorded a message from him that said that he would hide his true identity from those that did not love him. Only those that sincerely seek him will ever truly experience his Love and know him as a "Father"

You are taking the time to read what I've written, implying that you beleive in my existence... but have you ever seen my face or anything that I've created? You do not have to love me, or respect me, and if I ceased to exist it would probably not effect you in the least...
    but if I sent you a gift,something that i made with my own hands, would'nt you "KNOW" that I was here?

With God, you do not have to love him or respect him... but if you're enjoying that air that your breathing, a simple ackowledgement of his presence might be in order. If you beleive he might actually exist. Please ask to see the real him.

If there was any way for me to help you see the God that I've seen, felt, and experienced, I would do anything to see that joy light up your face. I'm very sorry for what those people did to all of us... it would be very easy to move on and not even think about it but there are still so many people being hurt, that it's simply not an option to turn away.

• XU
    XU

oooo- 9000 posts! Wow. I don't really believe much that i can specifically say. Not a believer in any god. Not against believers of god so much anymore. I am starting to investigate zen buddism. Trying to be aware of the present moment - life.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    If you haven't read it...and will PM your address, I'd be happy to send you a copy of C.S. Lewis' "Mere Christianity"
    You might really enjoy it.

You have a PM

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Christian. I go to a Non-denominational Church if I feel like it. I don't belong to any religion or church. I just try to live my life as Christ would want me to.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

For myself, I have chose wicca.

blessed be,

shelley

This and Celtic Glaumory are two belief/life/worship systems (if any of those descriptions apply) that I am interested in understanding. From my very, very limited reading on Glaumory and hearing about wiccans they seem to have some commonalities. Or maybe not? Just curious. Edit to say: Sorry if that was a thread hijack.
  • FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

Religion makes me nauseous. I stay busy and don't think about it. I would classify myself as agnostic.

• nsrn
    nsrn

Christian, attending a United Methodist Church.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Since I got booted outta 'Da Troof'...

Accepted Jesus at home alone and asked Him, "What next?" He led me to a church full of sincere, loving people who honor Jehovah by name.
    Got baptised as a Christian
    Witness the "REAL GOOD NEWS" at multiple venues... even door to door on Tuesday nites.

NO Regets on escaping the Witchtower Cult from hell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit