What are you now ?

by moomanchu 49 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Arthur referred to

those who leave the spiritual banquet of Jewhober

Hey, now. that's an insult to Jews.

Well, I've had lots of fun with the spirit in the 11 years since I woke up and escaped.

First I was a Unitarian, because I was pretty sure the atheists were right but it was too scary.

They introduced me to paganism, so I did that for a while. Finally I realized I wanted spiritual power over my own life, not just another set of deities to beseech and worship.

So I looked around for a while and began studying hoodoo, aka conjure. But conjures (as they call themselves) are mostly Baptists and Methodists. Some, though, belong to denominations like Religious Science, and that's where I am now: a mostly black, socially liberal, not-bible-literalist church with a kick-ass gospel choir.

gently feral

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Still consider myself a christian and believe in the bible. how bout u?

I'm gonna join 'Fictionology'!.....LOL

There's no bible (Because it's full of sh*t)...We worship anything we want, even Santa Clause....But I worship Elves!

• Brigid
    Brigid

Elves are cool, Legolas...I jes gotta a thing for pointy ears!

As I have stated before, when people seem to need a definitive answer to "what I am" I would say Wiccan. And much of the way I approach the Divine is derived from Wicca. But I finally decided that sojourning is my religion. I am as comfortable in a Catholic Mass as a Wiccan Circle as a Shabbat Service at a Jewish Synagogue, having frequented all of those and more in my journies.

Love and Light is my "religion", knowing my Self, my passion

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Just pretend I'm standing in front of you in a door way.

"We have our own religion, no thanks"

W.Once

• gordon d
    gordon d

Hey Bikerchic,
    Your post cuaght my eye with line about the Great Mick Jagger....
    Yeah... I could be a Jaggerite, now that the Keith is back on the GB.... Maybe you should change your handle to "Sister Morphine"

As far as being a "Navel Worshiper"... Do you celebrate "lint"?

Damn... I crack myself up!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I would describe myself as an eclectic pagan UU. My spirituality is Earth-centered, as I view myself as a part of the natural world. Improvements in the human condition come from ever growning knowledge, and harmonious application of science.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hey, Moo! Love the avatar, btw..........I, myself have gained a well developed Bullshitometer since leaving the organization. As for your question, I am "pagan/animist" in orientation..........I've studied with a shaman elder and view religion and "God" completely differently than when I was a witness. Actually, I have gone back to those beliefs that I had before I was side tracked, and know I have found my true spiritual home. i am very very happy and feel blessed every day.

Terri

• acadian
    acadian

A Man, flesh and blood, standing upon the land.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad
    As far as being a "Navel Worshiper"... Do you celebrate "lint"?

Yes, I give regular offerings (of lint) every day!

The Hypno-Toad

• raylo
    raylo

I'm nothing really.....just me

I'm not into any organized religion, as anything organized takes away from some individual thoughts. And anything questioned as part of any organized religions is rebuffed and excuses run rampant.

I've never set foot in a church to this day and have no intention of doing so on my own...

I simply live my life with common sense. I know the difference between right and wrong. I'm very reserved, so whether or not JW's TOLD me that so and so is wrong, most likely I would not have done those things because I simply personally believe that way. I mean really most ppl follow the 10 commandments as common sense anyways. As for principles, I don't like smoking, I don't really like drinking (unless it's a good wine or import beer, but no hard liquors), I don't like wild parties, I hate most modern music out today, etc etc etc. I really don't need a religion to tell me these things, it's already just the way I am. I'm reserved, I'm religion-free, I like it and I'm just swell with it. (well I also have not checked for typographical errors and I'm swell with that too..haha)

RAYLO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit