What are you now ?

by moomanchu 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Quentin
    Quentin

As a family we are members of a local Presbyterian Church...as an individual I am a deist along the lines of Jefferson and Payne...my relationship with God is between myself and the creator.

• windchime
    windchime

After I left the org, I don't want to stick to any specific religion.
    As most Japanese do, I visit Shrine to make wishes on New Year's Day, follow Budism worship style at the funeral, celebrate Christman and birthday. But I am not a member of paticular religious organization.
    I don't care God really exist or not now. I want to concentrate to retrieve what I have lost.

• Carmel
  • mouthy
    mouthy

Still consider myself a christian and believe in the bible. how bout u?

I consider myself a Christian!! Do not attend any Church!!! Speak in many!!!I( To warn them against false prophets) have a personal relationship with the NAME above all others >Jesus Christ. The WAY! TRUTH! LIFE! I do not forsake the gathering of myself to other like believers. Many Christians ! visit regular.....We get together often.... Found out the Peace that was promised in the WT was "OUT THERE" Where? in those who showed love!!!! The way to recognise a Chrisitian. Not all that call themselves are Christian... but then the final Judge KNOWS the heart..... Good enough for me!!!

• dobbie
    dobbie

I don't have a clue anymore, i did look up agnostic recently in the dictionary and decided that bests describes what i think or not, but having seen that other thread on the meaning of the word i think i won't post on that one!I do know that whilst i would probably let my child go to the church services at school eventually, i have no intention of EVER going near organised religion myself.

• hambeak
    hambeak

I consider myself a spiritual person and detest organized religion I believe it is all a snare and a racket and wanting money, control and messes people up with the dogmas

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

I am now a Christian who believes that Jesus is the WAY PERIOD. So for me, when identifying whether or not a Christian religion is "true" or from "God" the main issue I look at is their plan for salvation. I find the gospel message in the Bible so simple. Salvation is a gift. It's free, and it's there because Jesus died for you and for me on the cross. All we have to do is believe. That's what I see over and over again in the Bible,...just believe this. I don't believe that we can make ourselves righteous. We are only righteous through Christ. So for example, let's look at the JW's plan of Salvation (thanks Sirnose): --Must believe that the WTS is the FDS class and representative of the "earthly part of God's Organization" (1) --Must adjust beliefs to "current truth" (2) --Must go to all meetings and assemblies (3) --Must go out in field service, at least 10 hours a month (3 also, you can't skip out of either one) --Must be enrolled in TMS (4) --Must participate in meetings (5) --Must dutifully carry out your "privileges" (6) --Must stay current in studying literature and looking up scriptures (7) .....and do all these things and you MAY be saved. Hmmmm....personally I don't remember reading that plan of salvation in the bible. I am not a big fan of big religion, but I no longer have a problem with entering Churches anymore. I just use the above mentioned thought process and if the church has "must-do" this and "must do" that for salvation, then I'm done there. I'm out. I don't think Christian religions should add to or take away from Christ's "finished" work on the cross. Otherwise, what you have left is self-righteousness. People trying to save themselves. Christ said,"it is finished."

• lawrence
    lawrence

Drunk!

• buriram
    buriram

I am just a number, come in no28

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks for the response.

Interesting, quite a variety.

lawrence,

I plan on joining your religon tonight,

We're going to a German festival at a winery.

Can't stay to late though got to get up for the meeting. NOT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit