What Difference Is There Between Your Life As A Witness----And Now??

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes min, but the question was "is there a difference between YOUR life as a witness"

and I can honestly say I didnt know I was such good fun to be with until I left!

And I would NEVER have got married so young if I had known how to do THAT.

• minimus
    minimus

Kitten, would you like to share your experiences??

• james_woods
    james_woods

Blondie is right about issue #1 - its really all about the TIME you have back for yourself. This is also a FREEDOM issue - isn't it amazing to have that feeling that you are perfectly free to do what you want on tuesday and friday evenings, saturday and sunday mornings, etc.? I have been out for over thirty years and sometimes still get a feeling of amazement over this.

There is also RESPECT - from yourself, your friends, and family when we achieve a promotion at work, take a nice vacation, build a new house, buy a new car, send your kids to college and watch them graduate. All of these carry a degree of "look-down with derision" from the witnesses, and it is not just normal jealosy - they are trained to put you down for such "wordly success".

There is also HONESTY - you no longer have to pretend to believe nonsense that you know is not true. This may mostly happen to active faders, but there are many normal working JWs who have secret dishonesty in either belief or action with much of the junk the Society spews on their followers.

If you are a kid in school, or a person who has to ask for special concessions at work, you no longer need to feel SHAME for being a weirdo.

At this time of year, you no longer have to CRINGE when you hear the doorbell ring on Halloween night and know your neighbors kids are out there...come to think of it, this may be normal society's secret little revenge on the witnesses for all their weekly door-to-door terrorism.

James

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that many Witnesses accept dishonesty and smirkingly look at each other or raise their eyebrows when something really stupid is being spouted. But they still stay in for many various reasons....

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    Kitten, would you like to share your experiences??

tee hee!

• minimus
    minimus

bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

More time to do the things I already enjoy, and time to discover new things that I can enjoy.

No one trying to make me feel guilty for anything.

I don't hate everybody any more as I did when I was a JW.

W

• minimus
    minimus

Gultiness is gone, for the most part. Not having to worry about whether we're going to be talked to by the elders, whether we might stumble someone is great!

• Woofer
    Woofer

I supposed our lives are supposed to be filled with dispear and gloom once you leave the organization but my experience has been the opposite! I'm happier then I EVER have been in my entire life. I can think for myself, have an opinion, and make choices that I FEEL are right - not choices that I am forced to make.

• daystar
    daystar

ah, you're all just a bunch of "independant thinkers"! Patooey!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit