What Difference Is There Between Your Life As A Witness----And Now??

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• minimus
    minimus

Are things sooooo different now???

• daystar
    daystar

Uh, yeah.

• blondie
    blondie

The extra time is well spent on more enjoyable and productive activities:

No more studying Monday night for the Tuesday book study

No more rushing through dinner to get to the Tuesday night book study

No more studying Wednesday night for the Thursday meeting

No more rushing through dinner to get to the Thursday meeting

No more late nights on Thursday

Being able to sleep in on Saturdays and Sundays (imagine, we were never able to sleep in mornings for years)

Having a full day open to do whatever you want on weekends, maybe even two.

Time, glorius time.

Blondie

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

That is a good question. I have been thinking about how my life is now....and how it is good and moral, with a hubby I love and resect and a baby I want to raise to be a good person.....I feel like it is darn near perfect.....YET...

If I was a JW again I would be DF'd again for celebrating holidays, saying Gezuntiet, drinking beer, the bedroom things I do w/ hubby, watching R movies, having "worldly" friends, not going to meeting, not caring what they think......So,

Yes...Life is way different on a certain level.

• daystar
    daystar

The main differences are that I can think about things without censure, and make decisions based upon what I think is best for myself and my loved ones without having to check everything with WBTS thought police.

I have found that so many things demonized by the WBTS are nowhere nearly as bad as they say and the world has opened before me.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Now I know how to masturbate.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I'm starting to reclaim my life now and make use of my time to do what I want to do. Guilt is wearing off--guilt for anything and everything. I used to feel guilty ALL the time. I was unaware of how long that takes to go away.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

That, too, Katie!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    guilt is wearing off--guilt for anything and everything. I used to feel guilty ALL the time.

Yep, the guilt is probably the biggest internal difference. Although it was almost immediate for me. I woke up to it and the guilt just fell off. Wonderful feeling.

I haven't just enjoyed the feeling of not feeling guilty for awhile. Thanks for the reminder!

Dave

• minimus
    minimus

Oh c'mon! JWs masturbate just as much you do!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit