My mom finally did it!

by Woofer 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Woofer
    Woofer

I guess I wasn't surprised yesterday to find a letter size envelope from my mom in my mail box. I didn't have to be psychic to figure out that it was the new tract. She was also "nice" enough to include a Watchtower from Sept (I think 06) entitled "When a Loved One Leaves Jehovah" and of course he underlined many points for me. Since when is Jehovah considered an organization??

She also wrote a letter saying how much she misses me and she hopes just "maybe" these articles will inspire me to come back and how the time is so close (never heard that one before). Hmmm she misses me so much that she hasn't seen me in over 10 years though. She also asked "how is your daughter?" She didn't even use her name or say "how is my granddaughter?" I told my husband that I bet she cannot even recall what my daughters name is!

I hope she counted her time while writing the letter and her two placements . . .LOL!

I think this is the perfect opportunity to write her back and tell her exactly why I will NEVER go back.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I think this is the perfect opportunity to write her back and tell her exactly why I will NEVER go back.

I think your right. And dont forget to add that her grandaughter has a name, and that shunning you is one thing, but nowhere in the watchtowers does it say she cant associate with her!

• Legolas
    Legolas

What Butt said!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

ugh, that kind of thing is revolting. And that 'loved one' article is pure propaganda. My mum keeps a copy of it in her purse, I'm sure. Since she brought it up, you could use a point-by-point commentary on the article as the framework for your reply.

• Woofer
    Woofer

What makes me most sad about her letter is that she was telling me about all the health problems her and my dad have. Only 28% of my dad's heart is working and my mom was in two different hospitals last year with strokes. They probably always thought the "new system" would be coming right around the corner and they never imagined they would have all these health problems . .but they keep pushing the JW religion. I remember being a child and my dad having our weekly study and he would tell me that the new system would be here before I graduated high school. I've been out of school for 16 years now!!! Will the lies they were told ever sink in???

• Mary
    Mary
    Only 28% of my dad's heart is working and my mom was in two different hospitals last year with strokes. They probably always thought the "new system" would be coming right around the corner and they never imagined they would have all these health problems . .but they keep pushing the JW religion.

Same with my parents. My dad had a stroke earlier this year and I think deep down he realizes that he's going to die one day----something he absolutely refused to believe 30 or 40 years ago. More recently, Delilah's grandmother died and her JW daughter whispered to her "this wasn't supposed to happen mom, the New System was supposed to be here by now..." However, the elderly Dubs have invested too much of their lives to leave at the end. That would be admitting that their whole life was based on nothing and that's more than alot of people can bear.

I remember being a child and my dad having our weekly study and he would tell me that the new system would be here before I graduated high school. I've been out of school for 16 years now!!! Will the lies they were told ever sink in???

Ya, my oldest sister was never going to go to grade school. She'll be 50 next July.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

She probably thought she was doing something that will help you, but what she did isn't kind at all. That wt article is pure emotional blackmail, designed specifically to guilt leavers into returning. I think you're right, now would be a good time to let her know why you will never return.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Woofer,

That is so sad and pathetic. If your parents are that sick, no doubt they are shaking in their boots. It's to bad. But you sound like you're doing okay. I hope you are. Cheers Woofer

Dismembered

• scotsman
    scotsman

But tell her nicely. She's older, she's sick, she's trapped, she's well intended but utterly deluded.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Yea, and the new system would end before I made it out of the third grade. Wow 1984 was a long time ago.

I agree with the others, write the letter, be polite, but go point by point through her letter. At the end remind them how the end was supposed to happen long before your parents got old and you became a parent.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit