Active JWs, hows KN37 going?

by StillGroggy 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I was wondering about having to go in the service - the brothers used to say its all about being seen. In other words as long as your at the meeting for field service you can then go and do what you like. Ok not always, but there are usually those who want an easy life and are happy to cruise around in the car or stop for coffee etc. Also I think it would be interesting to bring out some of the real meaning of the scriptures - again would need a like minded person to work with. Then there was a Min servent that would announce he was going on calls and was meeting someone, or couldn't take someone for one reason or another, and basically stayed out for a while and went home when he deemed it a long enough time. So maybe you can see the ministry as a challenge to get out of without being found out

CS 101

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

The fake doorbell, I've heard of it but never tried it. I guess it doesn't feel right but, I'll consider it "Theocratic Warfare Strategy" ROFL

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Hi StillGroggy!

I am in the same boat. I am still "in" the borg. I rarely go out in service. When I do go out it is usually on a Saturday when I have to offer the mags. Since this is a special activity my witness boss has offered the employess a day off during the week to partcipate in the tract work.I haven't went in the tract work yet, I am supposed to go this Friday with my hubbie.

I am feeling a lot less pressure about this tract work than I am about offering the magazines. The reason being with the tract I can just say "Hi, my name is.... and I wanted to give give your copy of this important message. Please read it." With this there is no Bible involved, no asking the house holder a question, no discussion! Just give them the tract and get out. That's how I view it. I much rather give out tracts than mags any day. I just pray they throw the damn thing in the trash the second they shut the door!

Regards,

I.Wonder

• restrangled
    restrangled

My mom mentioned that most people are not opening their doors, the JW's can see them moving around inside, so its left in the door.

At one door they left it in, after making their way down the street, the fellow jumped into his car, tore up the street next to them, rolled down the window and threw the crumpled tract at them and took off without saying a word.

I thought is was pretty funny.

r.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

StillGroggy you know your situation; you do what YOU have to do.

I believe most all here would agree with me.

Yes Juni---I do agree! I found out what lying miserable creeps the WTS is and wrote a DA letter.....but we have to realize that each of us has his own set of circumstances to deal with and that we have to do according to what life has handed us! I believe there are many still left in the Org, that can do a LOT of good from within.....

hugs to StillGroggy....(and Juni),

Annie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Still Groggy -

Could you 'work alone' - stating that more territory could be covered that way? Then, if out of sight of the group, just pretend to knock on doors. If anyone answers, just tell em 'oh sorry, wrong house' and move on. I would be tempted to even hand them a tract - tell em the reason you can't refuse to be on their doorstep, you do not believe the crap in the tract, and would they just smile, take it and trash it for humanity. The one's not at home would each merit one tract in the trashcan later.

BTW - as far as doing what you have to - I suspect we all understand that. Hopefully you can turn that around someday.

Jeff

• startingover
    startingover

I was doing some work Saturday afternoon at a house not my own. I was sitting in my truck talking on the phone when I noticed a lady and a young boy walking hurriedly on the other side of the street. I thought she was doing some type of survey as she was carrying a folder. I then noticed she had come across the street and was heading my way. It was then that I noticed another lady, this one I know very well. They were JW's doing the tract work. I would never have identified them as JW's because for one thing they were walking way too fast, and for another they didn't have bookbags.

I was still on the phone as the lady I know walked by, but I finished by the time she got done calling on the house I was in front of. Since they still talk to me, I asked them if they had a tract for me. The lady with the boy I didn't know said "Sure", but the one that knew me said "You can read yours at home" (my wife is still a dub). I told her I already read it, quite a while ago in fact, I got it off the internet. She then came over and we talked about her husbands new motorcycle for a minute, and then she was off in a hurry. Said she was really tired and had to get this work done. I have never seen JW's in such a hurry before. And by the thickness of the folder she was carrying, there couldn't have been too many tracts in it. Maybe they were in the car and they had to reload after each street.

• proplog2
    proplog2

axelspeed:

You have to consider that the average household is 3-5 people. So maybe the best case is an exposure of close to a billion.

But which billion? Its Europe (Eastern & Western) North and South America, Sub-Saharan Africa and the Rich Rim of the Pacific Asian countries.

That's where JW's are already. The Moslem countries, India and China must be doomed.

JW's are the beneficiaries of the mass conversions (often violent conversions) of the Dark Ages.

• solo
    solo
    Have you ever tried pressing the doorbell button but not pushing it in? i.e. so to your partner it appears as if you've rung the bell, but it doesn't ring and you hope the householders don't hear you.

Yes! I used to do this all the time, but quite often it was unsuccessful if accompanied by an eager dub. If there was no answer to the phantom bell they would start hammering and rattling on the knocker. There was one witness who was very partial to using her keys against any glass pain on the door, or her umbrella handle on the wood I used to think, oh just give it up will you and lets get on to the next phantom bell!

I used to love doing tracts tho, no talking, no bible, no questions, no answers to think of - just a quick in and out, excellent!

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

StillGroggy,

I am still an active witness and I just finished going out this past weekend with my family. My ploy?
    First I partnered up with my six year old and sent my wife off with our oldest child. Then at about 65 to 75 percent of the doors I employed the now famous "pretend to ring but don't" method. After about an hour or so and some fudging of the records, my six year old and I were more than ready to go home. This method will not work every week for me, but when I can use it I will.

As far as the doors where I actually did ring, when someone answered, I simply said, "Hello, this is a free tract for you, have a nice day". Some took, others declined...I could care less, just doing what I have to do to keep my family together for now.

ec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit