Active JWs, hows KN37 going?

by StillGroggy 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

An idea for those who have to go out there placing these things...

What you should do first is go to your favorite local pizza place and get alot of their menus.

While your out in the tract work make sure to say 'I'll work alone, to get more done'. Then when you go to the doors don't knock. If anybody shows up and wonders why you are there, just hand them the menu.

Problem solved.

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    An idea for those who have to go out there placing these things...

What you should do first is go to your favorite local pizza place and get alot of their menus.

While your out in the tract work make sure to say 'I'll work alone, to get more done'. Then when you go to the doors don't knock. If anybody shows up and wonders why you are there, just hand them the menu.

Problem solved.

So you dress all nicely and hand out pizza menus. Hmmmmm.....

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Hey! Would you rather pass out menus dressed up or have to give people that awful tract?

Besides, the menus are just in case someone shows up at the door. Your not going to even knock so there won't be to many.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

WWII resistance fighters would not have achieved a lot if all they did was jump up on a table and start screaming "Down with Hitler!! Hitler is corrupt! I expose Hitler for being a wicked dictator!!" The SS would have taken about 2 seconds to have them shot.

I think the resistance in WWII was effective because the agents worked undercover and saw the long term goals, not just the short term. Their work oftentime incurred terrible compromises too.

I don't believe it is sound advice to tell any JW's with doubts that they must immmediately start sreaming at the top of their lungs that the WTS is corrupt and wicked. There are other effective ways to mount resistance, as history teaches us.

Pope

• bebu
    bebu

Why is it that people will add info to tracts/WTs left in laundromats... but not do it to what they hand out tracts directly? This isn't brain surgery: Sabotage.

Copy "Google JWs for more information", "Freeminds.org", "Stay away from this cult!", or "Thanks for taking this tract. Please throw it away!" on a small piece of paper and put it inside if you have to hand it out.

Turn your lemons into lemonade... somehow!

bebu

• sf
    sf

I agree bebu. If you can actually walk around the hoods the jws are canvessing and go back up to the doors they just left tracts { no pun intended, but is now intended} and give the resident a flier with websites and info to counter the tract and inform them of the child abuse epidemic...featuring BETHELITE POSTER BOY, JESUS CANO.

Oh how sweet the VICTORY tastes.

groggy, you did not reply to any of my questions in that last post of mine to you. Care to do so now? I'm very interested in your answers to them. I see no one else took a stab at it either. Speaks volumes.

sKally

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

"Surely Anitar knows what she speaks of when talking about what jws really go door to door for...you disagree with any of it? Do you agree that the field work is about recruitment, overall...the ultimate goal? Do you think the householder should be informed about fraudulent salesmen/ women at their door? That jws are really only there as a sales tool?"

Were these the questions sKally?

I definitely think door to door is ALL about recruitment. I think that the householder should know the truth about the WTS. I agree with you, the Door-to-Door work is DANGEROUS.

I don't plan on staying "groggy" for long. I just found out the truth about WTS myself, so once I try to get my wife out (Whether successful or not), IM out.

For now, I just try to make my service as innefective as possible. (Don't follow up on Returns)

I guess we agree on various points allot sKally, we're just at different places in our relation to the WTS.

Did I miss anything???

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I'll take a shot at answering the questions sf has asked.

1)Surely Anitar knows what she speaks of when talking about what jws really go door to door for...you disagree with any of it? Do you agree that the field work is about recruitment, overall...the ultimate goal?

On the surface, it would appear that the field work has the ultimate goal of recruitment. That's what I always believed. However, when you look at the stats, comparing the total hours to total baptized or even more telling total increase in publishers, back out the new publishers that are JW kids and those publishers that have died over the past year, you'll notice there is no increase. So over a billion hours spent with little to no results. If the ultimate goal is recruitment, it would seem another tactic needs to be taken. Yet, that's not happening. I think they care less about actual recruitment since common sense would dictate changes and more about 2 things:

1) continuing collecting funds for books and mags - It makes no difference if the household contributes since the publishers are usually contributing at the time they pick up the mags/books. Of course, we all recognize that the contributions aren't keeping pace thus the layoffs, reduction of Awake, paperback everything. I honestly think they're going to figure out a way to set up a for profit, publishing arm and start charging again. That's the only way the cash flow issues can be stemmed.

2) Keep the congregation busy - This is of equal importance. If you keep the entire organziation extremely busy they feel that they are doing God's will and will be less likely to check up on the validity of the religion. If you ask the average JW what makes them think this is God's organization, they will ALWAYS point to the preaching work. No matter that it doesn't work, the 1 billion hours spent will be used as proof that Jehovah is using the organziation to accomplish His will. If you fill up peoples lives with so many meetings and with field service, you can crowd out other interests that may dilute the person's devotion to the organization. Why else would the Society require monthly time slips to be turned in? They're managing their workforce and using the grunt elders (low level management) to enforce the standards. The COs (middle management) make periodic visits to keep the low level management in line and focused on the busy work.

Do you think the householder should be informed about fraudulent salesmen/ women at their door? That jws are really only there as a sales tool?

I see your point. That if only 1 person in the world comes in as a result of the preaching work then its one too many. I agree. When I go out (only to keep the peace at the present) I make sure that much time is wasted. My presentations are very dry and uninteresting. When folks do take the mags, I rarely follow up. The ones I follow-up with I usually just chit chat with and make no effort to recruit. I don't know what I would do if a study showed up at the hall since its so rare. I believe I would try to help them before they got too deep.

I really think 99.9% of the householders could care less what JWs say and what is being distributed. They likely throw away the mags/tracts as soon as they close the door.

I've avoided the tract so far and will probably not deliver even 1. I think its pretty ironic that the Cano decision and the CA court case both are being in the public eye at the same time this tract that says if a religion tolerates child molestation, then they're false. Perhaps some divine intervention after all?

Is it hyprocritical? Yes. I love my family and need to do this at the moment. There will come a time when I won't. In the meantime, I'm convienced that I can mitigate at worst, eliminate at best any damage done to anyone in the community. I just don't think there are many (maybe any) that listen to a word JWs preach.

• sf
    sf

groggy,

I think that the householder should know the truth about the WTS. I agree with you, the Door-to-Door work is DANGEROUS.

Okay, I went back to your original post to this thread to read where I might be misunderstanding any of your statements and comments. On doing so, I've concluded that I am confused.

First you post this:

Hey everybody, I had an interesting time pushing a tract that I don't believe in this weekend. I had to develop my own method of placing it without having to talk about it, since I fear if I was confronted by someone asking "Do you people think you're the only true religion", I might break down and tell the person at the door "No, I don't". The witness at the door with me would scream in terror, and I would be insta-DFed. Haha.

I read carefully to see if perhaps you were relating what SOMEONE ELSE said at the f.s. meetup.

Yet here, in the same post, you ask this:

My question is, for those here who are placing this crap, how are you dealing with it?

Admittedly, you were one placing those tracts, while not believing in it.

Then you write:

Please discuss.

Thusly, my replies.

Now you state this {above}:

I definitely think door to door is ALL about recruitment. I think that the householder should know the truth about the WTS. I agree with you, the Door-to-Door work is DANGEROUS.

I simply want to understand WHY you and other non-believers {just what is it you don't believe anymore, EXACTLY?} are peddling and hiding DANGEROUS, DEADLY literature and pitches that may recruit someone into the fraud...if you don't believe it and NOW KNOW HOW DANGEROUS IT TRULY IS?

I seriously want someone to help me wrap my brain around this?

If you absolutely think the householder deserves to know the truth and also be forewarned of the dangers of entering into this organization and abiding by it's policies THAT ENDANGER THEIR CHILDREN, then go back to those doors and tell the TRUTH. How is this a hard thing to accomplish? Why so much resistance to actually telling the public the absolute truth by people who stood at their doors lying and preaching impending doom if they didn't "study with jws"??

My opinion is that you have an OBLIGATION NOW to do so. Yes, you will suffer, as all WT children do and did. You should welcome such suffering so that you can feel what we feel and felt and KNOW how many other children are in that suffering now. You don't have a right to sidestep that process and in acknowledging how many families this religion has torn apart by YOUR devotion and adherence to the policy makers and other higher ranking male members of the WTBTS. Not in my opinion.

sKally

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

My family comes before anyone else, that is the answer to all your questions. Although it seems like my answers don't matter to you anyway sKally.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit