Mere Children who are Disfellowshipped

by BabaYaga 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Sick sad religion to do that to people. Worse, the parents didn't protect their child from the actions of the org and inflicted WORSE ones upon them. Criminal.

• Sam87
    Sam87

that is pure insanity! how can someone make a decision to disfellowship a child? not to mention how can someone let their child get baptised at 9! would he even understand any of it at all? The amount of mental trauma that could possibly bring a child as he/she grows up is frightening.

Sam87.

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS teaches that only dedicated, baptized JWs will survive Armageddon. And then they leave it up in the air at what age a child becomes "accountable before God" for their actions, no longer being under the protection of their parent's spiritual standing before God. The WTS blackmails parents into having their children baptized younger and younger. The end is near you know.

Blondie

• Satanus
    Satanus

I saw a jw kid about 15 yrs old thrown out on the street by good jw parents. Makes my blood boil. Those parents should have been charged w child abuse, kid put in a foster home.

S

• gumby
    gumby

....want to wave at Blondie....hi

My little sister was baptized at 12, started smoking at 13 and was DFed.

This led to many questions amoung the family and so I called the society and asked how her baptism should be viewed and they said( at the service desk) that "whatever the Elders decided upon her should be valid". In other words she should be viewed as DFed. Years later my mom asked the Elders in her hall how she should treat this daughter and they told her her my sisters baptism should be viewed as invalid as she was too young to be held accountable to her baptism.

The point is......different congregations view these young ones differently than another congregation. Many elders don't follow procedure, ideas vary, personalities vary, many are from the old school and have influence over their fellow elders.....in other words there is no "unity" in matters of decision making that varies from hall to hall.

Gumsmartbastard

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I would not allow my daughter to be baptized when she asked about moving towards it at 13. I knew she'd risk dfing. I am so glad neither one of my kids was baptized.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have seen so many kids in their early and pre-teen years df'd it sickens me.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

There was a girl in my kh who submitted to the blackmail and got baptised 2 monthse before her 12th birthday. She started smoking at 14, and was df'd, but her parents realised they were partly to blame for getting her to make such a decision at such a young age, and didn't shun her. She is 23 now, and has never gone back to the wts.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's why preteens should never be baptised since they are still not aware of the intense pressures that sexuality will soon bring and if they will be able to cope with it or get swept by it and end up being shunned even by family. And overall preteens or even those under 21 can't really judge responsibly on a range of other issues.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    If the law can see that they should be treated differently why can't a religion show the same insight?

I think you meant;

If the law can see that they should be treated differently why can't a cult show the same insight?

In that case - you already answer the question I think.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit