Mere Children who are Disfellowshipped

by BabaYaga 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• new light
    new light

I was df'd at 16, with ramifications to this day. At that age, it was too much to process and I fell into a deep depression and then a complete apathy toward everything. It directly led to drug and alcohol use, along with sleeping through school and a generally mediocre existence, living from one mundane event to the next. During the decade of exile, I missed out on every wedding, birth, etc. in the family, and basically fell completely out of the family loop, learning to deal with life with no family. The effects will probably last a lifetime. Cheers!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

This makes me sick. If we only knew then hey? I was 13 when I was baptized. But I was presured into it. I held out till right after my 18th birthday before I got the boot. (but thats cause they didnt catch me)

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby said: My little sister was baptized at 12, started smoking at 13 and was DFed.

Gumby that absolutely sickens me. How the f*ck, can a group of grown men make the conscientious decision to do this to a child?!! Then again, they let these kids die rather than take a blood transfusion, so I guess this shouldn't come as any frigging surprise.

Newlight said: I was df'd at 16, with ramifications to this day. At that age, it was too much to process and I fell into a deep depression and then a complete apathy toward everything. It directly led to drug and alcohol use, along with sleeping through school and a generally mediocre existence, living from one mundane event to the next. During the decade of exile, I missed out on every wedding, birth, etc. in the family, and basically fell completely out of the family loop, learning to deal with life with no family. The effects will probably last a lifetime.

Newlight, that is so sad but not uncommon. My older (unbaptized) sister left home at 16 and got into drugs, smoking, drinking and screwing around. This was a direct result of the teachings of the religion that she was worthless if she didn't go to the Kingdumb Hell. These idiots in charge have no clue what their medieval sense of "justice" does to a child or teenager. No wonder so many are leaving.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Unbelievable. It is so wrong it makes me sick. Who allows their children to be treated like that and even follow along with it?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Blondie... of course, she didn't scream. This makes my head want to explode. This is so wrong.

FlyingFree... you're an incredible and perceptive Mom to know beforehand what baptism could REALLY mean for your kids! BRAVO!!!

Full o' Doubt... wow... that's one of the better stories. Thank the gods there are actually some loving parents left...

New Light... so sorry to hear your story!! It boggles the mind. I am so, so happy you survived to tell the tale. You are incredible.

• PandaPet
    PandaPet

I myself was baptised when I was 12. Some of you may have seen my story posted elsewhere, but long story short, I began "fading" when I was 18. I have been "inactive" without being DF'd since then. Looking back, I can only say it is miraculous I haven't been DF'd and I was motivated more by my older brother's move toward baptism and the attention he received. I wanted my part of the attention too.

I always knew I would one day and it was expected, along with the pioneering during summer months and not attending college because it took time away from the ministry. I know now that it was too young to be deciding the course of my entire life.

• becca1
    becca1

Jesus was baptized at age 30, and he was perfect.

We are encouraged to marry past "the bloom of youth".But we are encouraged to make a lifelong commitment to the creator of the universe as children.

Does this make any sense?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I was df'd at 16, with ramifications to this day. At that age, it was too much to process and I fell into a deep depression and then a complete apathy toward everything. It directly led to drug and alcohol use, along with sleeping through school and a generally mediocre existence, living from one mundane event to the next. During the decade of exile, I missed out on every wedding, birth, etc. in the family, and basically fell completely out of the family loop, learning to deal with life with no family. The effects will probably last a lifetime. Cheers

well it has pretty much the same ramifications at 40 odd

• jrjr4189
    jrjr4189

I myself was baptized at 15 and D'fed at 17. (I just couldn't hold out any longer). My father who is an "unbeliever" talked with the elders dealing with my case at the time about how my baptism shouldn't count because I was a minor but they wouldn't hear of it. I totally got baptized to fit in with all of the other people around me who were pressuring me. After that my father made a rule that my brothers and sisters weren't allowed to get baptized. My sister didn't get baptized until 20 and my brother is a minor apostate so it kind of worked.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Here's one,

I knew a girl who was raped at age twelve by two men and was declared an unapproved associate when she became pregnant from that rape. What you want to keep in mind that this was before the change in 1989 about unapproved associates, so everybody was expected to treat her exactly the same as any disfellowshipped person. She wasn't even baptised, just a member of a Dub family!

She was "reinstated" some seven or eight months later, after she given birth, and when her father had gotten some goods on the chairman of the commmittee which the Po didn't want made public (yes, even a mouse can fight back and make life difficult for an elephant). Still, the damage had been done. shortly after the change in 1989 on the status of unapproved associates, the young lady faded out and has nothing to do with the Witnesses to this day.

Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit