Mere Children who are Disfellowshipped

by BabaYaga 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

This was inspired by another thread, where FreeToSee told of a young Witness baptised at the tender age of 9, and disfellowshipped at age 12!!! The mind goes wild at what a 12-year-old should ever be disfellowshipped for. How would a kid be so unrepentant they would deserve losing their family and friends? How would the family treat him? What if he had JW kids in his classroom, what would the ramifications be of that?

Is this not child abuse? Is this even LEGAL?

HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THESE PEOPLE JUSTIFY THIS KIND OF INSANITY???

Do you know of anyone who was disfellowshipped as a minor? What is the situation... particularly after the Judicial ruling?

original comment:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/122443/2164201/post.ashx#2164201

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In Parramatta (Sydney) congregation a boy was baptised at about age 13, disfellowshipped at 14 and just reinstated at age 15. He actually wanted to be disfellowshipped as punishment for something he had done and is now as eager as ever promoting the Watchtower cause.

It is ridiculous and should be illegal to impose the legalistic sanctions on a minor as is imposed on an adult. If the law can see that they should be treated differently why can't a religion show the same insight?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

How can parents, I mean good parents, even let this crap happen to a child. Does the Child Abuse hotline mean anything? OK, now I'm REALLT pissed!!

• Honesty
    Honesty
    HOW IN THE WORLD CAN THESE PEOPLE JUSTIFY THIS KIND OF INSANITY???

Because they are mentally depraved.

• garybuss
    garybuss

We are living in a world where mental cruelty is seen as not cruelty at all.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i have mentioned before , when i was a teen , a young girl who was raped by a 30something married brother who she was babysitting for and on the way driving her home one night raped her. she and he both were df'd ..she was 14 . i've learned recently that her own family wouldnt allow her to eat at the dinner table with them. thats a little fanatic but i'm sure there are more fanatics than that family in the org.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Good LORD, Candidly... I don't guess it could get much worse than that. I am literally nauseous at the thought.

So... a CHILD is DATE-RAPED by an adult she trusts, and instead of receiving counseling and strength and love, she is SHUNNED.

If ANYONE reading this is a practicing Jehovah's Witness, I challenge you LOOK WITHIN YOURSELF and see if you can tell me you think that a loving creator would be pleased by this?

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Good gravy.............I'm speechless.

• blondie
    blondie

She probably didn't scream

I wonder about the not eating at the table, since the WTS gives parents permission to have a bible study with df'd minor children living at home.

*** w88 11/15 p. 20 par. 24 Helping Others to Worship God ***

Thereafter, what would parents do in behalf of their erring minor child? They are still responsible for their child, though he is disqualified as an unbaptized publisher or even if he is disfellowshipped because of wrongdoing after baptism. Just as they will continue to provide him with food, clothing, and shelter, they need to instruct and discipline him in line with God’s Word. (Proverbs 6:20-22; 29:17) Loving parents may thus arrange to have a home Bible study with him, even if he is disfellowshipped. Maybe he will derive the most corrective benefit from their studying with him alone. Or they may decide that he can continue to share in the family study arrangement. Though he has gone astray, they want to see him return to Jehovah, as did the prodigal son in Jesus’ illustration.—Luke 15:11-24.
  • juni
    juni

Blondie said:

She probably didn't scream

I was just going to say the same thing. There is no other name for it. It is child abuse. Candi, your story made me sick..... the family not letting her eat w/them. Think of what this poor girl has gone through.

I knew of a 14 yr. old girl who was DF. She died at 16 from cancer. And others at 16.

God this is making me feel sick and angry.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit