Bigg asambly hall sold

by happy man 21 Replies latest jw friends

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

don't worry. the wt will pocket the $10 million. and get the bro's to pay for a newer hall at $30 million. now thats a prophecy. john

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    wouldn't the ironing be so delicious?

Ive never found ironing delicious myself, its just a pain in the ass. I especially hate doing shirts. I dont mind ironing tea towels tho.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    Ive never found ironing delicious myself, its just a pain in the a

It sure is, I hate it as well. Fortunately I have someone to do it for me now, Trev actually doesn't mind ironing.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Ive never found ironing delicious myself, its just a pain in the ass. I especially hate doing shirts. I dont mind ironing tea towels tho.
    It sure is, I hate it as well. Fortunately I have someone to do it for me now, Trev actually doesn't mind ironing.

You two are a hoot! I'm referring to a Simpsons quote. Bart tried to sound smart and he ended up saying "the ironing is delicious" and then Lisa corrected him and I think they got into a scuffle. All of my nerd friends get it.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Ive never found ironing delicious myself, its just a pain in the a

When I was married, I had my husband convinced for 3 years I couldn't iron!! He ironed!! Till I got busted!! It was good while it lasted!! I sure hate ironing, too!

• juni
    juni

How did we get from the topic of a Swedish assembly hall, hotel and campground being sold for $10 million to the subject of IRONING??

Was that SirNose that did that? YES IT WAS! I still don't get it.

I'm referring to a Simpsons quote. Bart tried to sound smart and he ended up saying "the ironing is delicious" and then Lisa corrected him and I think they got into a scuffle. All of my nerd friends get it.

Want to explain like the juice and drink Sir Nose?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    don't worry. the wt will pocket the $10 million. and get the bro's to pay for a newer hall at $30 million. now thats a prophecy.

By George, Johnny! I think you've got it!

Two congregations, ours and the next town, sold both their KHs, we all had to fill out pledge slips, and took out a loan (with interest)from the WTS to buy another property and build ONE KH for both congregations.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who got skunked and who made out like a bandit in that deal!

I imagine the WTS will make out like a bandit again with this $10 million dollar sale in Sweden.

Can you just think about the sob story and plea from the platform, for more $$$ that the loyal and obedient (tm) JWs will be subjected to at their next assembly?

I can.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

getting back on topic

The WT spin will be that since the end is so near

• They need to model themselves after Christ who lived a modest life
    • They have no need for such luxuries.
    • They need to cut back on expenses
    • They need to fund poorer countries where the need is great and the increases are large
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    When we by it, it was a blessing from jehova, now it was to bigg and to expensive, as I understand it the Gb gave decide this, our country was to small to have so bigg and expensive establishment.

This is what is meant when an investment broker says: "Past results do not guarantee future performance"

The WTS got used to past growth and expected it to continue... too bad the population is waking up to the WTS scam!

• moshe
    moshe

Had the WT vision of continued growth materialized they would have grown into these large facilities. Apparently the bean counters in accounting have finally convinced the GB that they need to get rid of these expensive venues. Renting is cheaper. I have noticed that the WT is not using large stadiums much for it's summer conventions anymore- probably too depressing to see half the seats unfilled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit