Bigg asambly hall sold

by happy man 21 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

In sweden it was told inn a letter from the society today that they hade sold ther assambly hall from 1jan 2007, a bigg hall for 6000 peopel, and bigg hotell and, also camping area , and some buldings, fore under 10 million dollar.We hade all our bigg summer assambleys ther, it was fore the whole country.

When we by it, it was a blessing from jehova, now it was to bigg and to expensive, as I understand it the Gb gave decide this, our country was to small to have so bigg and expensive establishment.

Littel sad to think about this was a very nice place, and I think evry JW was proud of it, some might bee very dessapointed now, and I must say this is a defeat fore the swedish leadershipp.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks for that update happy man. I didn't realize they had such a facility in Sweden.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Do you know where they plan on holding the assemblies now? Also, who did they sell it to?

Sounds like a lot of the JW's won't be too happy about the sale....(which might be a good thing!)

Swalker

• Butters
    Butters

Happy Man, do you think you could post that letter? Or is it not in English?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Shrinking companies often have to sell liquid assets.

Jeff

Happy Meal, do you think you could post that letter? Or is it not in English?

Butters - the fellow is a 'man' not a McDonald's snack pack, for heaven's sake! Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

Could it be that a drop in members is the cause along with a drop in donations by the members?

Voting both with their feet and their pocketbook.

Blondie

• katiekitten
    katiekitten
    When we by it, it was a blessing from jehova, now it was to bigg and to expensive

Thats a great quote! LMAO. Maybe Jehovahs wallet got empty!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Maybe they had a good offer for it and decided to cash in. Money talks where the wts are concerned.

• juni
    juni

Hello HappyMan!

Thank you for the information. That is a huge place! $10 million dollars doesn't sound like a lot for that big of a building, hotel, and a campgrounds.

Do you know if they had a hard time finding a buyer?

Juni

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If they sold that place to another religion, wouldn't the ironing be so delicious?

Good looking out on the info, happy man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit